Author Topic: Replacement tail light  (Read 1936 times)

Fido

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 48mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz ES+I-VTEC CVT
Replacement tail light
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
I recently damaged a tail light on my 2014 Jazz. It was a small piece of the cover only. The lights were still in working order. Here is a photo of the damaged unit.

A small bodyshop ordered a new unit direct from Honda. The price was £361 including VAT. This didn't include fitting.There was no option to replace just the cover. I have no idea why the unit is designed the way it is. So a tiny piece of plastic damage cost a lot of money.

Afterwards, I found these units advertised by a German supplier on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Light-Tail-Light-Set-Right-and-Left-for-Honda-Jazz-08-10-LED/123009385616?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AJazz&hash=item1ca3ee4490:g:JfcAAOSwgd1ap7lP

This is for a pair. A single unit would be around £70.

I'm curious to know if these parts are too good to be true. Obviously there would be a short delay in delivery but a big saving in price. My bodyshop didn't mention this as an option and I'm not complaining. My issue is with Honda for designing parts which make it very expensive to put right minor damage at a reasonable price.

Has anyone any experience or thoughts on this matter?

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Replacement tail light
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »
I know what you mean.
I had to have a headlight for my mk3 and that was over £200.00.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest5079

Re: Replacement tail light
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 03:08:03 PM »
While trawling through Ebay, there appeared to be  a few circa £65-80 mark new supplied from UK hence no extra postal charge and S/H around the same price. One would assume ( perhaps wrongly) that coming from the fatherland it would comply with the relevant EU directive.

Tags: