Author Topic: Exhaust Head Shroud  (Read 1400 times)

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
Exhaust Head Shroud
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:40:38 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get a heat shroud which fits on the middle section of the car.

Here are some photos of it.

On two and the three bolts have come away from the shroud.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Exhaust Head Shroud
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:57:19 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get a heat shroud which fits on the middle section of the car.

Here are some photos of it.

On two and the three bolts have come away from the shroud.....

Is there any chance you can get the bolts out ?   if so try these to cover corroded hole.

https://www.diy.com/departments/nails-screws-and-hardware/bolts-nuts-and-washers/washers/repair-penny-washers/diameter-3mm/diameter-5mm/_/N-e16Z1z13vlfZ1z13vl9

When a normal (welded to exhaust pipe) shroud has broken and making a  'zinging' noise at certain revs I have used hose clamp to fit it back on - (even joined two together if not long enough).

https://www.screwfix.com/p/t-mex-stainless-steel-worm-drive-hose-clips-40-80mm-10-pack/67161
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:20:36 AM »
I usually make something similar to the penny washers by cutting squares out of scrap steel about 1 - 2 inch square, drilling a hole in the centre and turning up the corners so they grip what's left of the heat shield.

Not sure what the fasteners are, but if they are the push-on starlock type fasteners, you can get replacements for these. If the studs are too corroded, you may have to resort to improvising some other method of fixing.

jonathan

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »
Plate silence baffler came of last week.

Would it be bad to not replace. It’s nowhere the fuel tank!!

Where can I get a replacement from?

Thanks

Jonathan

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 11:47:33 AM »
There are plenty of cars running about with heat shields missing, they are normally no detriment. The one you have to watch out for is the cat, which gets very hot indeed, and is more likely to be near other components or wiring.

Tags:

anything