Author Topic: Free Music  (Read 567 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Free Music
« on: January 22, 2021, 09:51:22 AM »
I have been using this for sometime now. The programme converts Youtube to MP3 format. Free music.  :D

https://www.4kdownload.com/products/youtubetomp3

I come from a time when most of the music I heard was either on the radio or from C90 cassettes that we used to lend each other. Occasionaly I saved the odd fiver to buy an album from Woolworths or our local record shop. The days when having a music collection cost a lot of money and took up a lot of room have ended. I have a music file on my desktop that is just under 50 GB, and a portion of that by using the programme above.

A lot of the old Peel sessions are on Youtube, rare albums you didn't know about etc etc etc. A great resource I though might be useful for fellow Jazzers.  8)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Free Music
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 12:57:01 PM »
My youngest grandson has started collecting vinyl again. It is all the rage with the young ones. MP3 collections are old hat. It is streaming or vinyl for the enthusiast!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:39:11 PM by Jocko »

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Free Music
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 06:26:10 PM »
Old hat !!  :D That about sums it up fella. I didn't upgrade to a CD player until 1996. I use a road map as I don't want a sat nav and I reckon radio controls on my Jazz steering wheel is exciting!  8)

Thing is with that youtube rip, I can get albums for free! Free. Youtube also has lots of rare stuff on it, like unplugged sessions, or John Peel BBC sessions.

I like to check on https://www.discogs.com/ for a back catalogue of work, and add new music to my file.

Tags:

anything