Author Topic: Wing Mirrors  (Read 1490 times)

josall

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 EX
Wing Mirrors
« on: April 22, 2018, 07:19:09 PM »
Hi everyone, I have a 2011 Jazz EX, when I operate the switch to close or open the wing mirrors they appear to be making a groaning sound, I have tried WD40 but don't appear to be hitting the spot.

Has anyone had the a similar problem and managed to resolve the issue?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Wing Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »
Hi everyone, I have a 2011 Jazz EX, when I operate the switch to close or open the wing mirrors they appear to be making a groaning sound, I have tried WD40 but don't appear to be hitting the spot.

Has anyone had the a similar problem and managed to resolve the issue?

Don't close the mirrors :o.

If WD40 is the answer it is the wrong question. Try some proper lubricant like GT85 (which contains PTFE = Teflon) - I used it on my wifes Jazz mirrors and everything fine.

WD40  should be marketed as a glue because it makes a good one when it dries out, and it attracts dirt like a dirt magnet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:14:48 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5079

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25:29 AM »
Mine make a noise when opening and closing never thought about it just thought it was the motors. I close my mirrors every time I park and have done so for 30mths, the noise has not changed so assume it is just the mechanism.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
Mine make a noise when opening and closing never thought about it just thought it was the motors. I close my mirrors every time I park and have done so for 30mths, the noise has not changed so assume it is just the mechanism.

Groaning noise will be dry plastic rubbing together,  squirt of GT85 in the joint won't hurt.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

josall

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 08:27:43 PM »
Problem solved, perhaps WD40 needed a while to work its magic, thanks for advice guys  ;)

Tags: