Author Topic: The same colour...  (Read 3396 times)

guest4078

The same colour...
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
I was pottering around Watford on Friday, when I saw another Jazz the same colour as mine! I didn't realise that Honda had managed to sell 2 Venus Orange coloured cars  :o

guest1393

• Topic Starter
Re: The same colour...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »
Hi There,

Don't you find it nice having something a little different?

One of our jazz's is an 04 Orchid White (looks pale yellow) and there are not many around and it is always quite exciting to see one (what sad people we must be).

Regards,

Andrew

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:54:33 PM »
Did you get a discount buying an orange car? 

There is a house some distance away from me in a less expensive suburb and the whole house is painted in a bright yellow colour, the same that the Cape Town Port Authority paint their buildings in the harbour.  It turned out that the fellow living there stole the paint from the stores and painted his house with it.  Since he had disposed of the tins before they found out, so they could not prosecute him
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:04:35 PM »
Did you get a discount buying an orange car? 

There is a house some distance away from me in a less expensive suburb and the whole house is painted in a bright yellow colour, the same that the Cape Town Port Authority paint their buildings in the harbour.  It turned out that the fellow living there stole the paint from the stores and painted his house with it.  Since he had disposed of the tins before they found out, so they could not prosecute him

When I was a small kid, in the 1950s, my family lived on an estate where most of the owners worked for a huge heavy engineering firm. Nearly everybody's house woodwork was painted green, the firm's corporate colour, using paint liberated from the Company's stores. The firm must have purchased enough green paint to paint their products ten times over. I wonder if they turned a blind eye to it as a means of keeping the employees happy?

Geoff

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 06:19:03 PM »
I like the orchid white, I have seen a jazz in that shade and it looks very nice.
I am growing to like the venus orange (flamingo pink in some lights!) it is unusual and easy to find in the supermarket car park. However, I would not have chosen it new.

We also have an ocean blue jazz, and I would have had red if I had had a choice. The venus orange colour did allow for some discussion around the asking price!

When I was a kid, we lived in Rickmansworth, and quite a number of houses on the local estate were painted the dark red colour of a large building/plant firm in the town or the dark red/purple of the Metropolitan Railway. Both colours similar, but you could tell which company the bloke worked for. Thinking about it, water company blue and british waterways blue were quite popular too!

Of the new shape colours, I like the Azure blue or Milano Red best. The silver and grey look smart, but my last car was grey so I am enjoying having some colour now.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »
When I was a small kid, in the 1950s, my family lived on an estate where most of the owners worked for a huge heavy engineering firm. Nearly everybody's house woodwork was painted green, the firm's corporate colour, using paint liberated from the Company's stores. The firm must have purchased enough green paint to paint their products ten times over. I wonder if they turned a blind eye to it as a means of keeping the employees happy?

Geoff

Well, if it were SA, I would day the storeman had something going on the side.  Heavily discounted paint

(My Jazz is Azure blue, I can spot in in car-parks where the majority of the cars are white)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:36:20 PM by chrisc »
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »

[/quote]

Well, if it were SA, I would day the storeman had something going on the side.  Heavily discounted paint

(My Jazz is Azure blue, I can spot in in car-parks where the majority of the cars are white)
[/quote]

I find my Jazz fairly easy to find in a car park although it is a common colour (dark metal) - in this time of designing lots of long and low cars, it is almost always one of the tallest cars in the car park! The 16" tyres probably help a little.

Tags:

anything