Author Topic: Roll center adjusters?  (Read 2406 times)

guest4007

Roll center adjusters?
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »
Hello there, after getting coilovers the handling of my jazz has dramatically improved. I am currently looking at buddy club or j's racing roll center adjusters, I was wondering if anyone knows if they would be worth getting or if they will make much difference with my current coilover set up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

guest869

• Topic Starter
Re: Roll center adjusters?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
You really need to know what you are doing if you are going to start adjusting your roll centres. Normally they are set at the design stage and left at that with suspension tuning coming from bars, springs and shocks.

What make coil over?

First work on the following:

Oversteer / understeer balance: How is this? Does your car understeer / oversteer? If it does, does it do it at all stages of cornering and at all speeds? If it does then I would address this first.

Next: Spring rates: For the maximum mechanical grip (all other things being equal) you need the softest springs you can so you do not bottom out.

Then dampers.

To really answer the Rc question you need to know what the suspension geometry is doing now and then the effects of the changes.

guest4007

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:50:12 AM »
Hi John

I've got bc v1 coilovers, I have a basic knowledge of suspension and probably not enough to be messing about with it myself. I was just looking around on the net to see what off the shelf modifications are about for the jazz but not a lot it seems. Thanks for the info though, do appreciate it.

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »
My stock Jazz understeers when cornering hard so the first thing I would do if I was to change anything would be to stiffen up the rear roll resistance.

This could be done with an ARB or by stiffening up the beam. The beam is effectively the ARB at the moment. An ARB will be off the shelf, stiffening up the beam isnt but would be cheaper if you could DIY.

An adjustable method of altering the rear roll resistance would be good then it could be dialed in.

I see on the BC website it mentions altering the over under steer with the dampers. Bear in mind this will only effect the transients ie the initial turn in.

Tags:

anything