Author Topic: Front anti roll bar dust cover  (Read 5448 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Front anti roll bar dust cover
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »
I had my Jazz MoTed today at a Peugeot dealer and got an advisory for 'front anti roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover'. I haven't inspected it but I was told it's starting to split.

Is it a DIY job?

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
Re: Front anti roll bar dust cover
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:46 PM »
yup, should be DIY job according to Haynes
potentially tricky bit is to torque drop link's nuts to spec, might require special adapter to allow axle to be held in place with hex key while torquing nut.

thanks for the reminder btw, have replacement droplink laying around for half a year, dust cover split already, would have got fail probably
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:35:28 PM by dg »

dg

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:45:39 PM »
unscrew nut at each end of the link, use Allen key to stop balljoints turning as its done
-use new selflocking nuts when refitting
-position the jack under lover arm, raise it to load front suspension before tightening nuts to spec torque
(lower nut 38Nm; upper nut 29Nm) Since an Allen key must also be used when tightening, a torque wrench could be used only with special adapter, so use the specified torque a s a guide
- honda states that the car should be driven for approx 5 mins and the tightness of nuts should be rechecked

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
We are (at last) starting an MOT system here for all cars older than 2 years.  Judging from some of the wrecks driving around, the repair workshops will experience a boom in business.

Don't know how fussy they will be and whether leaving a high-denomination banknote on the engine cover will cause the car to pass, but it is a step in the right direction

Now if we could stop drunk pedestrians from wandering into the road, this might save some lives...
If music be the food of love, play on

dg

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »
just to update here, did my drop link recently and passed MOT w/o advisories, woohoo!
removing rusted nuts is a hurdle
loosened them but did not manage to remove completely, ended up sawing them off
fitting was simple, tightened with usual torque wrench
took me 1h approx

Tags:

anything