Author Topic: Looking to buy a Jazz, advice please.  (Read 4139 times)

guest4012

Looking to buy a Jazz, advice please.
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:25 PM »
As above, recently sold my car.

Looking at getting a jazz, I want a face lift preferably but if a nice pre comes up I don't mind.

Just looking for advice, what to look out for and if anyone has had any problems other then the major common faults?

Thanks.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: Looking to buy a Jazz, advice please.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
I was in your shoes some 3 years ago when I was looking for a Jazz. I had just sold my Landrover Freelander Auto and was looking for something a little more economical

I ended up with a 2010 I-shift, ex Honda company fleet. The car was superb, very well turned out and I was very pleased, except for one thing. The I-shift gearbox was in my opinion rubbish. It was neither a manual or auto gearbox, but something in-between, depending on it's mood! I know some drivers swear by it, saying they can play tunes on it? However I ended up swearing at it!

I subsequently moved on from that to a new 2011 CVT Auto. This is a different car altogether, very smooth with it's torque converter, in place of the electric clutch. and it's always in the right gear.
Just had it's 2nd service with currently about 14k on the clock and I won't be getting rid of it any time soon.
So, If you want a manual gearbox, then fine, but if you want an auto, then steer clear of the I-shift gearbox.

The Jazz is very much like a Tardis, has a vast amount of room inside and will return around 57mpg at 60mph on motorways and around 38-40 in town. I can certainly recommend it.

Regards

guest4012

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:40:12 AM »
Thanks for the feedback kenneve. How has your jazz been reliability wise?

I'm looking at an 04-05 Jazz sport, just worried on what problems to look out for.

IE. brake lines, dampers, would the folding seats have problems? How is tha jazz and rusty rear arches?

With the whining gearbox will it have problems engaging gears like the type R?

Are the seats in the sport version different to the other models?

Thanks.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
rear brake lines can go rusty for last 150mm  where they leave torsion beam and go to brake cylinder (for some reason the plastic coating was taken off the metal brake pipe in this area).

whining gearbox will only normally be in lower 3 gears, the lower the gear the more the noise,

as far as I know rear arches not especially prone to rust
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4012

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »
I'm guessing the rusty brake lines will effect all jazz? If so guess I can just get new braided lines.

I'm looking at getting ATR seats too, can anyone tell me if they'll fit using the ATR rails?

Thanks again for the replies and feedback.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
I'm afraid I can't comment on the earlier models as my first Jazz was March 2010 registered.
However the my current Jazz EX is just 2 years old and has not put a foot wrong.

guest3775

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »
[ido not hesitate to buy a jazz, mine ex  cvt auto is13 months old and no problems at all, much         more reliable than  vw,s that I had previously. it is rattle free, a very useful for carrying loads, five passengers are no problem.]
 ;D
[/i]

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »
Only buy a 'sport' if you enjoy the higher insurance cost, its a buyers market for the majority of used vehicles. Condition & service record receipts + lengthy MOT are must have's also check the history via HPI of paying over £2k.
I always advise buyers to pick the latest model mileage - secondary to condition history etc
Let the forum know how you get on , if buying from dealer then they are chasing end of May reg bonus so should be more partex vehicles appearing

Tags:

anything