Author Topic: Alternative tyre option  (Read 2901 times)

guest765

Alternative tyre option
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
Has anyone bought a set of tyres already on new alloys from Halfords at much the same price as a set of 4 tyres would cost ?
The wheels would be different from the standard Jazz wheels of course, but they would be brand new.
Just a thought...............Joe

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Alternative tyre option
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Worth checking the make & speed rating, over the years I have stuck to Michelin, Pirelli then Bridgestone for Jazz 's and latterly Yokohama's for my Subaru.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
Don`t forget to check all the other details too, I mean the offset (ET), width (I think 5.5J), the centre hole (maybe need spigot rings) and so on.
Anyway I thought I would buy one set of alloys from them (for the summer tyres): http://www.performancealloys.com/ and if you want to check the feedback of the tyres go here: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:48:21 PM by DV »

guest1844

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:56:48 PM »
Check your manual for the different wheel / tyre combos approved for your Jazz. Outside one of these you'd have to tell your insurance company.

I'd also be wary of cheap alloys. Apart from the "chav" look, I want to be sure the quality is up to the mark. Don't want a pothole to finish one off. You don't want cheap tyres either.

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:24:27 AM »
Many thanks for the warning folks.......thats one of the reasons i posted the question.......although im not in love with the standard alloys on my wifes Jazz they will do me for now  :-*

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 07:52:28 AM »
Unless you are purely concerned with cosmetics then also consider the weight of the wheel and tyres plus the structural design.

The lighter the wheel and tyre the better and the stiffer the wheel the better.

The weights you can measure but the stiffness and alloy quality is something you will have to assess.

Tags: