Author Topic: FIAT Chrysler - Renault merger?  (Read 973 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
FIAT Chrysler - Renault merger?
« on: May 28, 2019, 09:33:28 AM »
Fiat Chrysler has made a "transformative" merger proposal for French carmaker Renault.
The combined business would be 50% owned by Fiat shareholders and 50% by Renault stockholders.
The carmaker said the merger would create a global automotive leader, with 8.7 million vehicle sales.
Carmakers have faced pressure to consolidate amid major industry shifts, including towards electric vehicles.
Back in the day it was Austin, Morris, Wolseley, and Riley. Jaguar and Land Rover. Elsewhere it was DKW, NSU, and Auto Union. Now it is the big players. The motor industry continually has to re-invent itself to survive.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: FIAT Chrysler - Renault merger?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 09:59:53 AM »
Shame. I was hoping Fiat might merge with Skoda and the resulting company could be called Fiasko.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »
I like that Richard.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 06:12:48 PM »
Shame. I was hoping Fiat might merge with Skoda and the resulting company could be called Fiasko.

Even as Fiat and Renault they could still call themselves the Fault car company - I think that Punto was Fiat most iconic car, if only because Punto means 'full stop' in Italian.

Their first electric car could be the Fault-e
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:08:01 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 01:29:52 AM »
At least with a French-Italian heritage, there would be very low driving standards expected from their autonomous vehicle!

Tags:

anything