Author Topic: Car breakdown insurance  (Read 12466 times)

guest5079

Re: Car breakdown insurance
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »
Unfortunately I cannot use a telephone but when my warranty ended at the end of it's 2 yr run, I E mailed the dealer from whom I bought the car. Their response was interesting. I didn't get one !!!!!!!
Clearly my insistence on them putting the car right when I bought it did not please them but then perhaps I should not have pointed out that it should have all been done before the car was sold to me.
They were banging on recently about getting some award, perhaps they have pets that they can call upon to write nice things. Cynical NO!!!!!!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »
Honda's website http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/extended-guarantee.html indicates £850 to extend the warranty to include years 4 & 5. The info says "Maintained ongoing service history" so maybe the cost includes servicing.

However, Honda Happiness is basically a service plan with breakdown cover, not a proper warranty. Honda's pricing is at http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/service-packages.html and doesn't include a second 5 year period. That must have been a special offer or generous dealer.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:10 PM »
I read John Ratsey's post and indeed clicked onto the websites, however it doesn't seem to mention 6 yrs on and interestingly in both cases states contact your local dealer!!!!!!
I freely admit that as the years roll on the 'liability' increases but given in my case the car has always been looked after by the dealer that sold it new, the least they could have done was replied.
I notice with interest in an earlier post regarding a fault with the car when it was sold, I am afraid it don't work.  I reported some problems with paintwork ( it had flaked off, so it was a faulty repair) and I got told basically to s*d off. I have also done a post re the rear door and it's bottom edge, according to the dealer it was 'chipping' so not their problem. Again, how did it get chipped? Not in my time. I would suggest it was a quick cover job which was fine for a few months. Time has shown that the car before my time had been repaired around the rear end and I feel that who ever did the repair would have been liable for shoddy work but I am afraid that when I tried to find out who did the repair I was stonewalled at every turn.
So tragically, a lovely little car has it's reputation tarnished by lack of interest by the people that sell them. Having in my younger days repaired many vehicles and always tried to be as fair as I could with customers, because I took a pride in my work modern day attitudes seem to be take your cash and don't bother us.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 09:39:45 PM »
Honda's website http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/extended-guarantee.html indicates £850 to extend the warranty to include years 4 & 5. The info says "Maintained ongoing service history" so maybe the cost includes servicing.

However, Honda Happiness is basically a service plan with breakdown cover, not a proper warranty. Honda's pricing is at http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/service-packages.html and doesn't include a second 5 year period. That must have been a special offer or generous dealer.

Hmm - the info on that website is pretty confusing.   Although even at £940 the 3 yr extended warranty might be reasonable value IF it includes servicing - although I've not heard of that before.  It does include the roadside assistance which would save a bit if you were paying for that separately.

Quite what Jockanese has got for £550 though is difficult to imagine.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »
Just done some quick sums:
The package I got with the car was 2 yrs warranty, free servicing, free MOT and breakdown. On the second service I was presented with a bill to include MOT of circa £150. I had already told them that the service and MOT was free.
I made some enquiries re a similar cover; Say a service is £100 from an independent using Honda filters. MOT £40 AA £109 plus warranty ( the quote from one was I think £35 per month) so in a year it would be £420 for the warranty, £109 for AA £100 plus  for servicing and £40 for an MOT it totals at just under £700 so if Honda are doing this for £850 for 2 years it would be a good deal BUT it is not made clear what it includes.
AND no mention of beyond 6 yrs or have I got it wrong?

Tags: