Author Topic: Headlamp Beam Adapters - Continental Driving  (Read 5715 times)

guest684

Headlamp Beam Adapters - Continental Driving
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »
Hi all,

Off to France next week and I am trying to decide on how to adapt the headlights to continental driving.

Does anyone have photos showing how they have positioned headlamp masks; ideally for Eurolites Headlamp Beam Adapters?

Alternatively I have heard rumours that there may be a switch to change the lights from left to right hand drive. -anyone know anything about finding such a switch?

Many thanks.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Headlamp Beam Adapters - Continental Driving
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
The 'switch' (more likely a bolt?) sounds about right as my dad often had to adjust the headlights on my Mk2 Fiat Punto this way as they often went out of alignment. I assume the Jazz has a similar mechanism.

guest684

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:51:28 PM »
Dropped my little Jazz in for a service today.  I'll try to remember to ask about 'the switch', and will report back.

guest684

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 11:25:42 PM »
Well, I have been advised there is no 'switch' or screw that can alter the beam from one side to the other.  The only way is to use headlamp masks.  Unfortunately the are no indicating marks on the light to tell how to locate the headlamp masks, but the Chiswick dealership has kindly offered to fit them for me before I leave -without cost!  That's a good dealership.

guest684

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 09:00:04 PM »
Was too busy to bother going to the dealership to have the Eurolites Headlamp Beam Adapters fitted, but the instructions provided in the pack were quite adequate, as proven by a couple of drives without protest from oncoming vehicles!

Bit gooeey getting them off but handy wipes cleaned up the residue nicely.

Driving around Paris (inc. the Arc de Triomphe -had to really!!) and all the way down to La Roque d'Antheron in Provence, and then on to the south coast was an absolute pleasure with the Jazz coping with the 130 (ish  :-[) cruising speed, heat, country roads, villages, and increasingly fatter driver and gf beautifully.

Now gotta get those splatted flies off!

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
Mern, I too, have recently returned from taking the Jazz to France, and Spain. Absolutely no probs and it never skipped a beat.
Had two drives of 550 miles plus in a day. One from Bilbao to Alicante, and the other, Alicante to Auch (near Toulouse). Had to fill up twice in each day too!
Like the Arc d T, Auch has an 'old rules' roundabout too. They're getting quite rare now.

As regards beambenders, I always take them with me but never fit them. The Jazz and my previous car don't have any fitting indicators. It's never been a problem in nearly 30 years. Years ago, I used to fit yellow bulbs though.
TG for good air-con as the highest temp I saw was 32C!

guest684

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 10:20:02 AM »
Hi Geoffers, what were the roads like in Spain?  I have to confess I was rather shocked at the bad quality of the roads here in old Blighty after tarmac perfection in France!

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 02:39:05 PM »
Roads in Spain are not as good as France, but better than here!
France seems to take civic pride in its country judging by the roads, verges and round-a-bouts!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:13:28 PM by Geoffers »

Tags:

anything