Author Topic: Upgrade  (Read 2799 times)

martinandsue

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2011 Hybrid HS
Upgrade
« on: June 06, 2015, 03:32:49 PM »
 :) I've just upgraded to a Hybrid from my 1,2se vtec. Hope I have done the right thing.

guest5251

Re: Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 04:15:07 PM »
you wont look back ,but it may take a while to get the most out of the hybrid system.
on the display you have an image of the car with petrol on 1 side and battery on the other side
when you are running on batteries alone the roof section of the car image will change to show EV and
obviously this is when you will make the biggest savings.
we find that whilst on light throttle on levelish ground if you take your foot off the accelerator
and straight away put your foot back on but only hard enough to maintain your speed
you will go into EV mode.

enjoy your car you will love it

guest4078

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 12:42:37 AM »
Yes, I am sure you have.
I have had my hybrid for a year now and whilst I don't spend anything like the hours in it that others do, 150k and rising!, I actually enjoy driving it. The hybrid power train and the cvt box mate up very nicely. You can trickle around very restfully or you can push on quite well, although the Jazz does prefer to be sedate. The electric assist is very smooth and even at motorway speeds will give a good power boost if needed.
I really hope you enjoy your car as much as I do mine.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:40:58 AM »
Look on the Hybrid system as primarily giving smoother performance with the motor giving a useful boost to the low end torque. I've seen only about 10% better fuel economy compared to the GE Jazz I drove before I got my Hybrid. The battery capacity is relatively small so the potential to store spare energy from braking or going downhill is very limited. For much of the time the battery gets recharged by tapping off a bit of power during normal driving.

The one disadvantage of the Hybrid (other than the extra cost) is the loss of place in the boot for a spare wheel.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: