Author Topic: Dog crate  (Read 4433 times)

guest4871

Dog crate
« on: May 15, 2015, 11:44:33 PM »
I want to use a dog crate in the luggage space i.e. with the back seats up.

Does anyone have any experience of using a dog crate in a Jazz?

What crate would you suggest (and where did you get it from) to use the space to the maximum?

Also any thoughts on securing straps?

Any bad experiences?

I've looked in all the usual places and would welcome any personal insights before I make any final decisions.

guest5355

• Topic Starter
Re: Dog crate
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
Hi, don't know about dogs but when we take our cat to the vets were secure her basket, using the rear seat belts,
I remember that many years ago, a car that was involved in a accident (East London area) the dog in the vehicle escaped from the car and was badly injured.
 I would hope that you would secure the crate with straps, Just in case.

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »
To follow up......

I purchased this:

http://arrows-uk.com/cage-crate-travel-guard-hatchback-p-463.html

Same also available on amazon and eBay.

The 34" is a perfect fit. The sliding door rattles. 12x8mm self adhesive mini tracking ex Wickes (£1.55/2meters) fits perfectly and removes the problem.  Some padding under the enclosed tray might be good.

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »
I got a big metal one from pets at home. Biggest size I think, I put back seats down at passenger side and it fits nicely in there. I put a cover under it for protection, my lab just jumps in though rear passenger door. No need to secure it, and I've never buy fabric carrier, the dog will chew it and it slides.

bobby boy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 01:02:15 PM »
I use a Ferplast Atlas 80 transport crate purchased from Zooplus. Hold it down with Bungee cord fastened to load hooks. Just make sure dog has plenty of ventilation in warm weather.

Tags: