Author Topic: Jazz steering not self-centreing  (Read 3285 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Jazz steering not self-centreing
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:19:00 PM »
I have read some complaints about the Jazz steering not 'self-centreing' and would just like to say that you can't really expect it to self centre from full lock because the turning circle is LESS THAN 5 METRES, which is much smaller than any other car I have ever driven.

I have never had a problem with not self centreing in normal road manouveres at any speed above about 5mph, but car parks and parking are a different matter, and the wheels are reluctant to pull themselves back to centre from full lock.

I you think about where the front wheels are in relation to the line of the car, they are at quite an angle to the axis of the car, just help the steering a little bit back towards the straight ahead positon and they will soon self centre on their own.

It's not good practice to put too much power on until the wheels are straightening up, as this strains the CV joints.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything