Author Topic: £490 for a major service... mad?  (Read 2666 times)

guest1996

£490 for a major service... mad?
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
After being quoted £220 over the phone and then going into the dealership, they then proceeded to tell me that the major service hadn't been done, which requires the tappets to be adjusted. They then wanted to relieve me of almost £500 to do the normal service (oil and filter) + the 'Valve clearance' (tappets).

I think thats very heavy on the price side.... do you guys think this is reasonable or should I phone around?
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1302862051 -----
I phoned around my local area (it was Honda Chiswick that tried to rip me off in the above quote) and now Honda in Thames Ditton are going to do it for £320 which is far more reasonable in my opinion...

Feel alot better  ;D

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Re: £490 for a major service... mad?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »
Thats a crazy price :o!

Shop around, all Honda dealers have different prices! try and find a dealer that does fixed pricing, as they seem to be the best deals in my opinion!

Got quoted £320 for a major service from my local price fixed Honda dealer, I called around to see if I could get it any cheaper, and I got quoted from £390 to £500 for the same service! the £500 one tried to say to me that it came with a free courtesy car, lol!

Though I ended up going to a non Honda garage, purely because the car has 90k on the clock, and the car had Honda servicing up to 40k and the rest were private, so I didn't see the point and I could do the air and pollen filter my self and paid £120 for the service :P!

----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1302862203 -----

Lol, thats funny, I just read the above post, Thames Ditton Honda is where I got the £320 quote from! As Im in Kingston, its my local dealer :P!

You cant go wrong with Thames Ditton, the guys there are really helpful!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:13:32 AM by Chris_Music »

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:43:51 PM »
which model jazz have you got? is it the dsi engine? if it is out of warranty i would not bother with the valve adjustment

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 06:40:12 PM »
My blue Jazz came from Thames Ditton, at least the used car showroom on the corner of the traffic lights coming from Surbition. That has now closed, Trident had it but I think someone else has taken over Thames Ditton.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
My blue Jazz came from Thames Ditton, at least the used car showroom on the corner of the traffic lights coming from Surbition. That has now closed, Trident had it but I think someone else has taken over Thames Ditton.
Thames Ditton is part of this group:

http://www.thamesditton-honda.co.uk/group/

Tags: