Author Topic: Wind noise (in the Car)!!!  (Read 3431 times)

3reggy

Wind noise (in the Car)!!!
« on: January 16, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
Has anyone experienced wind noise in the car ,
Today travelling along the M69 to Coventry my Jazz started making a whistle/howling noise inside the car from the dash board, after several holding of hands in various places on the dashboard, It sounds like wind is getting into the heater pipes and making this noise, It still happened when the heater was on or off.
I know today has been very windy in general around the country but if I had been doing a long journey this would of driven me mad over time any thoughts? :o

guest1981

• Topic Starter
Re: Wind noise (in the Car)!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »
Don't suppose you ever found the cause of this problem?  Mine has recently started doing this on a windy day at 65mph or over. 

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:25:15 AM »
I've found whistling noises at high speed on my EX have been coming from the circular air vents at the side of the dash. A quick press changes or stops the whistle. Doesn't happen all the time and as I keep heater on auto I think it may change dependent on where the heater decides to route the air.

guest2374

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »
Mine has a noise at high speed. I assumed it was the rubber trim which covers the bonnet hinge. I was assuming it flutters in the wind. Any thoughts? I asked about it ata service but dealer couldn't find any service bulletin item about it.

Tags:

anything