Author Topic: When was the last time you bought a new car?  (Read 3654 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: When was the last time you bought a new car?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2023, 09:24:59 PM »
Peugeot 106 1.4D New in 1993 for wife. Kept for 17 years,
You got your monies worth out of that. Brilliant cars with unbreakable engines.  :D

I have almost always run bangers
Had many of them along the way. I used to say never drive a motor worth more than a weeks wages! Bangernomics, love it.

Suzuki Cappuccino in 1996, still have it. It's probably worth over half what I paid for it, not bad depreciation for 27yrs.  ;D
Love those cars. Not seen one in ages. Always fancied a k-car for the quirky nature. Mind, the Jazz is fairly small, so it's a bit k-car ish.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2023, 09:41:32 PM »
I have had a lot of used cars in my career - too many to count!
I have only had eleven and three "family" cars, in 58 years of continuous motoring. Not bad for running bangers for the most part.

I had owned 11 cars by the time I was 22.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2023, 01:19:45 PM »
I have had a lot of used cars in my career - too many to count!
I have only had eleven and three "family" cars, in 58 years of continuous motoring. Not bad for running bangers for the most part.

Great stuff. Martin Lewis would be proud of you but seriously, from a financial point of view, your approach is the most efficient by a long way.

Just by the by, have a look at EVM on You Tube. His latest challenge was to buy an EV with most of its original range for less than £5,000. He is doing a series on this car - a Renault Zoe 22kwh which he purchased for £4,400. It does look as if, at long last, there are EVs out there, on the second hand market, at affordable prices. He puts its range as between 80 and 100 miles (I suspect the Zoe has some form of battery temperature management the lack of which causes the Nissan Leaf to deteriorate quicker than many other EVs). It's in decent condition overall as well.

Tags:

anything