Author Topic: Civic 1.4 i-DSi or Jazz 1.4 i-DSi  (Read 4344 times)

frv_diesel

Civic 1.4 i-DSi or Jazz 1.4 i-DSi
« on: January 24, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »
Mrs Frv-diesel’s 52-reg Renault Clio is up replacement, and we’ve narrowed the choice down to either a new Civic 1.4 i-DSi or Jazz (and not another Renault!). I wonder what you guys think would be the better choice, as we have a baby and need decent space for the mini-Frv’s bits and bobs. Mrs FRV-diesel has driven both and is pretty happy about either car, but to honest she is not ‘into cars’ and almost thought about a Chevy-Daewoo Lacetti! Shocked

Anyway, help appreciated or we may end with a Chevy-Daewoo!. Cheers.

guest436

• Topic Starter
Re: Civic 1.4 i-DSi or Jazz 1.4 i-DSi
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:11:11 PM »
One question: are you buying new? You need to get at least the SE (£14k) with the Civic to get anyway near the spec of the top-range Jazz (£11.5k). Might be worth thinking carefully as to if the Civic is worth the extra, assuming the Jazz suits your needs.

…unless its a case of new Jazz Vs. nearly-new Civic.

guest74

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 04:11:12 AM »
[quote:28rp36uc]Mrs Frv-diesel’s 52-reg Renault Clio is up replacement, and we’ve narrowed the choice down to either a new Civic 1.4 i-DSi or Jazz (and not another Renault!).[/quote]

good idea. the 1.5 dci engine has a nasty habit of breaking up it’s fuel pump. all goes into the engine and goes bang! £3.5k renault repair bill as only the dealer can reprogram it after the repair.

hth

Comical Engineer

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 09:11:12 PM »
Jazz provides adequate space for baby plus necessary equipment. I know this from experience!

We bought our Jazz when kids were 2 and 4 years old. There is adequate space for kiddie seats, pushchair, nappy bag and Mrs CE’s extensive junk collection in there. The upright stance of the Jazz makes it a bit easier to get sprogs in and out without adult spinal damage.

monkeybot

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »
Civic: better to drive, slightly more room
Jazz: more pratical (height…), cheaper, better equipped, better fuel economy & performace (it’s lighter you see).

So go for the Jazz, even if the two were the same price.

frv_diesel

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 12:11:12 PM »
Just to clarify, our budget is based on brand new Civic-sized hatchbacks, but both Mrs Frv_diesel and myself were impressed by the space in the Jazz when I had one as a courtesy car.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »
Having owned both a Jazz and new Civic, I can comfirm the Jazz is easier to get in and out of…..although I’m a able-body twentysomething male with no kids. The stance of the Jazz would probably make it more pratical for your needs than the Civic. And the top-range Jazz costs less then the 1.4 SE Civic.

monkeybot

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 09:33:11 PM »
Jazz.

The base civic has no radio or a/c and costs more.

A half-decent civic will set you back at least 2 grand over the best Jazz.

No contest.

asd

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 07:00:12 PM »
[quote:y8o24ly5]
Jazz.

The base civic has no radio or a/c and costs more.[/quote]

Eh? Are you sure? £13k for a car with no a/c or radio?

But I agree though, top-spec Jazz over base Civic, even if the Civic was the better drive. No-one wants poverty-spec models.

guest436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 10:03:11 PM »
/\ It said that in the brochure, but I reckon it was a printing mistake.

Can anyone confirm/deny the Civic S has no a/c or radio?

Tags: