Author Topic: Loaner..  (Read 3269 times)

basegreen

Loaner..
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:11:11 PM »
… driving a Jazz for the first time today, I own an 2006 Civic.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. the Jazz feels really cheap and nasty.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Loaner..
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »
I was always impressed with Jazz’s quality, partly why I choose the Jazz. I’ve driven most of the Jazz’s rivals and the quality of some of them is pretty poor. Ford Fiesta, Peugeot 206 and Toyota Yaris (old model) were particularly nasty - the Yaris is pretty much old school Japanese - very shiny plastics, and switchgear that looks like its from a 1983 Corolla. But I guess it would hold together well…unlike the 206.

I always liked the plastic on the Jazz’s dashtop. Smiley

Out of interest basegreen, what car did you have before the Civic?

guest230

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:11:11 PM »
Yer jazzs look good and even quite sporty looking i thought and farly well bulit i thoght. new yaris lot better than old yaris but it dont look as sport as jazz so not as cool

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 09:33:11 PM »
I considered the Yaris years ago - no way!

Don’t believe the hype over quality - they may not breakdown, but the fit and finish on the French-built (2000-on) cars is pretty dismal.

juicyjazz

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 07:00:11 PM »
Hmmm, well by class standards the Jazz is tops for the cabin quality and easily betters many more expensive cars. The old new MINI (the first BMW MINI) was pretty cheap and nasty if you look beyond the dashtop plastics, heeheee, those indicator stalks felt as if they’rd snapoff in me hand. Cheesy

Anyway, after poking around inside a new Civic I can’t help thinking it’s not as well made as the Jazz. OK, the sqishy plastic on the dashboard is pretty cool and looks & feels expensive, but Honda have let standards slip in places where it thinks people wouldn’t notice. For example, my Jazz has nice chrome interior door pulls; the Civic gets cheapo plastics silver jobs; the lower dashboard/centre console plastic feels lower grade than the Jazz’s ribbed plastics and that handbrake - ughhh!!! It’s horrible! Feels like a Fisher-Price toy!

I did mention before about the Civic’s black piano plastics around the heater controls - looks great, feels OK but EVERY new Civic I’ve sat in was covered in little marks all over this plastic. Not very durable methinks.

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 08:11:34 PM »
Hmmm, interesting comments regarding the Jazz Vs. Civic in terms of quality. The old Civic to me always seemed to be built to a price compared to the Jazz and Accord but the new Civic is much better in this respect, if no better than my Jazz.

Tags:

anything