Author Topic: Honda Jazz good/bad points?  (Read 6310 times)

juicyjazz

Honda Jazz good/bad points?
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:01:11 PM »
Hi all, time to ask what you guys like and dislike about your Jazz.

For me I like the magic seats, colours (mine’s Blaze Orange!) and the interior design. Dislike? Tough one, but I guess the smoked alloys on the Sport would be a pain to fix if kerbed!

monkeybot

• Topic Starter
Re: Honda Jazz good/bad points?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:12:11 PM »
Dislikes: servicing costs (yep, the valve clearence!).

tinylewis

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:01:11 PM »
Hi everyone,

Sorry I am new to this site and have just rightly or wrongly ordered a Honda Jazz being delivered in time for xmas.

Now my question can anyone give me there thought on the Jazz was it a good move to buy. What are the good and bad points.
How reliable,build quality, problems you have had. How long should I expect touble free motoring and whne does it start to get a money pit.

I could have brought a lot cheeper and smaller car ie The kia picanto but thought the Honda Jazz was a nicer car. Was I right?

Please reply any and all comments welcome.

Thanks

Daron

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:20:12 PM »
Almost all of those who I’ve spoken to have praised the car’s cabin quality and interior space, although some have mentioned the ride being a touch firm. However, the latest cars are said to be improved the earlier 2002-model vehicles, and as someone who has driven almost all similar cars I would say the Jazz’s ride is better then most.

Problems are almost unheard of, although there have been a few reports of isolated water leaks into the cabin around the rear doors. We are in the process of compiling a list of what to look out for when buying and running a Honda Jazz, so keep a look out on this site.

No-one can ever be sure how long a car will last before it becomes a ‘money pit’. The oldest examples are not quite five years old but should still have plenty of life left in them. The only issue to be aware of is the valve clearance, which has to adjusted manually by the dealer every 25,000miles irrespective of age. This also applies to changing the spark plugs for which there are two per cylinder (eight in total), twice the number of other small engines, and this could mean the second service maybe a bit more expensive then with say a Ford or Nissan.

Northern Star

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 10:45:11 PM »
[quote:38sf7rul]I could have brought a lot cheeper and smaller car ie The kia picanto but thought the Honda Jazz was a nicer car. Was I right?[/quote]

The Picanto is a fine car but not in the same league as the Jazz. You’ve made the right choice.

guest405

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 11:11:11 AM »
Hi there,

I Have just bought a 2005 Jazz 1.2 cool. What a Car!!!! I would recomend this car to anyone with a family. So much space in such a small car. At first i thought the fuel consumption was a bit naff, but then I realised there was a small gas tank so that made me think again.
So in summary. Buy a jazz for a goo allround small family car!!!!!!!

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »
/\ I agree about the small fuel tank, I don’t often get much more then 400miles per tank full.

Tags: