Author Topic: Leaking brake proportionate valve  (Read 958 times)

Jazz03

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2003
Leaking brake proportionate valve
« on: September 01, 2020, 11:53:55 AM »
another issue today with brake oil leaking from the proportionate valve. Checked eurocarpart they don't have it now checking online.

Please if you know where I can get the valve let me know.

Thank you

Jazz03

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Leaking brake proportionate valve
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 12:09:16 PM »
The dealer suggested replacing rear right brake line with oem one. The local garage suggested changing the valve itself. Dealer quote 400£

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 08:47:40 PM »
Where is it leaking from? The actual brake regulator, or the joint?

Seems odd talking about non-ABS brake bits these days!

Jazz03

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 06:56:04 AM »
Took it to a third garage as I got different answers. Dealer suggested replacing brake line. Another garage said its the proportioning valve. Third garage could be either as line is not centered in the valve and could be cross threaded. They won't know for sure until they dismantle it.

Gearbox leaking as well.

I am booked today to test drive the auris and tomorrow to test drive a jazz. Tried the jazz before the new model found it too tight small for me compared to my 2003 one. Seat set furtherest back but I feel my legs squished

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 08:50:17 AM »
Tried the jazz before the new model found it too tight small for me compared to my 2003 one. Seat set furtherest back but I feel my legs squished

Although I understand it to be just one part of the problem, it is quite easy to make a modification to mount the seat more rearwards, there are even bolt-on extenders available for it.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 10:19:42 AM »
I am 6'1" and had no problems fitting in a Mk 3. I know different people have different body styles. Take it you have huge long legs?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 02:05:22 PM »
I am 6'1" and had no problems fitting in a Mk 3. I know different people have different body styles. Take it you have huge long legs?

My Brother is 5' 9" and one of his mates is 6' 2"   it is a 'standing' ( LOL ) joke that when they sit down my brother is taller,  his mate is all legs..... like one of those things off war of the worlds..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 10:01:38 AM »
Took it to a third garage as I got different answers. Dealer suggested replacing brake line. Another garage said its the proportioning valve. Third garage could be either as line is not centered in the valve and could be cross threaded. They won't know for sure until they dismantle it.

If you're lucky, a short bit of brake pipe and a couple of unions will cure it. In the unlikely event you need the valve, it will be Honda only, part no. is 46210-SAA-G02.

I think this is the one, currently £88 with 'POCKET20' ebay discount code.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-INTEGRA-NON-ABS-40-40-BRAKE-PROPORTIONING-VALVE-OE-MADE-IN-JAPAN/293616354705

...or you should be able to find a cheap secondhand one, loads of Civics/Accords were also fitted with the same regulator.

As for the gearbox, most likely is a driveshaft seal at that age, straightforward job. If the oil is coming out of the bellhousing, then it gets a bit more complicated.

Jazz03

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »
Paul I can't thank you enough. This is really helpful. God bless . I will buy that and brake n sort the car out with some worries another thing pops up.

After cleaning egr valve, replacing 8 spark plugs and 8 coils second hand ones 3 days no MIL. HOWEVER today started blinking and then stayed solid.

According to dealer I must get another catalytic. Is there any after market good one I can buy should I decide to fix the car?

All my issues started when they stole the converter. Wish the car dropped on these theifs.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 12:53:21 PM »
I bought my cat from my local motor factor for £85 including gaskets etc. Had to return old one to get deposit back. Been on 3 years and about 30,000 miles with no problems.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »
According to dealer I must get another catalytic. Is there any after market good one I can buy should I decide to fix the car?

The main dealer will not like to see a third party cat, and might be inclined to blame it without doing any proper tests. You should get an emissions test done, any garage worth their salt should be able to diagnose a duff cat from that. They either work, or don't, or are blocked.

If the MIL is related to lambda sensors, it could be cat, or a sensor, or something as simple as a leak. The key to it is being able to interpret the emissions tests and diagnostic readings from the sensors correctly, otherwise it's just stabbing in the dark.

I've fitted a BM cat on another car before, it lasted a couple of years we had the car, and the next owner run it for a few years until the engine went kaput.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-JAZZ-Catalytic-Converter-Exhaust-BM90842H-1-2-2-02-9-08-FITS-EURO-4/311317685938

Tags:

anything