Author Topic: Buying a jazz  (Read 2799 times)

guest455

Buying a jazz
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »
I am thinking of buying a new or second hand jazz.
First question should I wait for the new version or stick with the old style?
Second one, I have noticed on a few jazz's scratches on the bumper at the rear door lip. I had the same problem on my HRV but Honda fitted a protector which has worked perfectly. Is there something out there for the jazz?
Thirdly what sort of milage are you all getting from your jazz,s?
Thanks

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Buying a jazz
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »
Quote from: "briang03"
I am thinking of buying a new or second hand jazz.
First question should I wait for the new version or stick with the old style?

New version (which is unlikely to appear before the next Accord arrives in June) will probably drive better and have more space (not sure how much though). It has more power but is heavier.

Buy the old style and you have six years of tried and testing manufacturing.

Second one, I have noticed on a few jazz's scratches on the bumper at the rear door lip. I had the same problem on my HRV but Honda fitted a protector which has worked perfectly. Is there something out there for the jazz?

I'm sure I've seen/heard of these ?

Thirdly what sort of milage are you all getting from your jazz,s?
Thanks

About 46-48mpg.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:27:38 PM »
P.S., you might get a discount off the last current generation models if you time it right.

Unless you need to buy now, you could wait until just before the new mk3 model finally arrives and  see what deal you can get on some unsold mk2 stock. When the current CR-V came out, Honda still had some old-shape CR-V's available  at a tempting discount....someone on here actually bought one over the new model, as did one of my work collegues.

Although it's tempting have the lastest model on your drive, ask yourself is it really worth it?

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:11:59 PM »
I take it you mean a choice between a brand-new current model and the new-shape model????

Pros of waiting for the new model:

You get the latest model on your drive, hot off the press.
Probably subjectively 'better' in terms of handling, space, etc.
Lower deprecation (possibly).

Cons:

You will pay very, very close to list price - no discounts except token gestures!
You will be driving a new model with possible early-production bugs
You'll act as a guinea pig for dealers who will not have a clue about fixing it at first
Honda have not given any information as yet..no prices, specs, nothing. It will be more expensive, I reckon.
Your trade-in (if you're going that route) will lose value in the meantime.

If you mean the 2002-04 vs. 2005-08 model, the facelift cars are better to drive thanks to updated rear suspension and re-geared EPS (Electric Power Steering) for better feel. I prefer the updated dashboard although the design might not be to everyone's taste (some say it's a bit 'Amstrad' hi-fi like, but I think the Jazz S kept the previous interior though). And Honda sorted the EGR valve problem by then.

Tags:

anything