Author Topic: Signing out.  (Read 2357 times)

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
Signing out.
« on: August 04, 2019, 09:24:23 AM »
So sadly the time has come to move on from Jazz ownership.
In the six and a half years and 55000+ miles I've had it, it has been comfortable, dependable, useful and utterly reliable, what more could you ask of any car, well to be honest, exciting?
It has fulfilled it's major roll superbly, as transport for my late mother, as it was easier for her to get in and out of than the out going 2006 MINI Cooper (R50), and then later on to lift her in and out of and transport her wheelchair.
But a year on from her passing, it's time to move on in many ways and changing the Jazz is one for the moves.
I did look at a newer Mk3 2015 onwards Jazz, but even in 1.5 Sport trim it didn't quite fill the bill.
I'm going to miss it, being able to transport more or less anything you want to, without thinking is a great feature and the magic seats just brilliant thinking and so useful, that's where we used to put the wheel chair and still have the single rear seat to use.
Having the use of my brothers 2003 Subaru WRX whilst staying with him, made me realise I wanted something a bit more sporty and fun to drive.
Also being in my late 50's and having lost several similarly aged school friends, I have the now or never feeling, if you know what I mean?
One other point that made the shift from Honda a bit easier was the loss of the local Honda dealer, so from a 41/2 mile, 10 minute trip and on my way to/from work, it's now a 13 mile, 30 minute trip to Slough, not that I needed to go there very often TBH!
So, thank you for the advice, help, news and entertainment etc. It's been interesting and fun too!
BTW, I'm not deserting the Honda brand completely as I have a 2012 Honda NC700X DCT which is related to the Jazz by way of the engine, which was used as a model for an economical low revving torquey engine, coupled with the brilliant Dual Clutch Transmission, a perfect combination for commuting which is what I use it for mostly.
I guess you may be wondering what won me over/drew me away from Honda and the Jazz, well I will be getting a 4 month old, 970 mile 2019 Ford Fiesta ST3 1.5T 200PS, or 198BHP in imperial units!
If only Honda made a Jazz with the 1.5 turbo engine and a DCT gearbox, that would be worth making a trip to Slough every now and then!

Bye for now, Defender. :)

PS, I will be sorting my Jazz bits, mostly wheels and tyres and will offer them here first before using other 'sales channels'.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Signing out.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 09:38:26 AM »
Enjoy the new car. Completely understand the desire for something a bit more sporty. I'm too old for that LOL!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »
I feel the same. At 71 I still have a hankering for an MX5. I'd just need the Fire Brigade to cut me out of it after I brought it home!

Defender

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 12:40:34 PM »
Thanks guys, I really am a bit sad about the Jazz going, it really has been a great 'little' car, it's TARDIS quality to swallow seemingly over sized loads is a feature I will miss for sure on the odd occasion I need it to do that.

I have just called up my insurance company to get a price for the 'ST-3, and basically its just £42.50 to change the vehicle over, so no increase in premium!8).

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 01:12:05 PM »
basically its just £42.50 to change the vehicle over
One of the benefits of being in your 50's!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 01:39:27 PM »
I feel the same. At 71 I still have a hankering for an MX5. I'd just need the Fire Brigade to cut me out of it after I brought it home!

Me too. An MX5 and an EV would be my dream combo.

Defender

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 03:48:53 PM »
Me too. An MX5 and an EV would be my dream combo.

I did momentarily consider an EV, but I don't think they're quite there yet, for me anyway, I'll wait and see how one of our duty engineers gets on with his Tesla Model 3 when it arrives next month.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 06:57:43 PM »
Good choice for a replacement, I also like the Fiesta ST.
My other car is an old 1992 Subaru Legacy Turbo which will probably be replaced at sometime with a Blitzen verion twinscroll autobox model .
Enjoy your new car.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 08:29:18 PM »

Well at least you can get into one! I tried out the MK3 which has the most legroom and boy was it a squeeze. The MK4 which is the latest model is a step backwards and appears to have been designed for the vertically challenged. So frustrating but there is no point in having a low slung performance car with cramped posture and poor pedal access.  Pity because they are great fun and one of the most reliable and economic cars on the road.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »
Well at least you can get into one!
I have no idea whether I could or couldn't. As I said, wouldn't want to try it in case they had to cut me out.
Got in and out of this with a bit of a struggle,

but that was six years ago!

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 11:13:16 PM »
Well at least you can get into one!
I have no idea whether I could or couldn't. As I said, wouldn't want to try it in case they had to cut me out.
Got in and out of this with a bit of a struggle,

but that was six years ago!

Looking good. One of the things that always worries me is the exit strategy if things go wrong on a machine that is more or less constructed with the driver as an afterthought. I used to do a bit of 'Kart' racing' (as in 'Go Karts', a term which is considered a no no in the game) a few years back. Great fun and of course, very, very close to Mother Earth with ultra low centre of gravity. Almost impossible to turn them over though I have seen the odd spectacular 'flip' but high on the thrill factor. In the same vein, the MX5 appeals because you get the thrill factor for a reasonable price and at relatively low speeds.

snazzyjazz

• Approved Member
  • H O N D A
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009 iVtech 1.2
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 11:14:49 AM »
Enjoy your new Fiesta!
You've got to go with your gut feeling, do what feels right and it seems you've done that, so enjoy, and bon voyage!

Defender

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 10:27:44 PM »
So the Jazz goes tomorrow :( and is replaced with the ST3, it seems quite real now and I have to say  do have mixed emotions about it!
I know it is only a machine of man made parts like many thousands of other that rolled off the Swindon Production line.
But it has been like a member of the family these past six years and eight months, carrying out it's primary function so well and reliably.
I got a very good part exchange price, better than I was expecting, but I have to say that they have been a pleasure to deal with, I feel that I have been treated fairly, which is what most people want.
I am looking forward to the extra performance and creature comforts that the ST3 has, but will always remember our 'Jazza' or the Jazz, with great fondness.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 10:37:13 PM »
They say a change is as good as a rest, and the ST3 should certainly be a change! Hope you have lots of fun with it.

We've ended up with another Jazz, one of the very last mark twos, but the old Jazz will live on as a first car for the daughter - a few little jobs to do on it, and then it will be wearing a set of 'L' plates. Insurance is surprisingly cheap.

jaytee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 07:24:27 PM »
had a fiesta on hire for holiday not an ST but still an nice drive i still hope for a type r jazz i would be temped to raid my pension fund! good luck in the future

Tags:

anything