Author Topic: Audio Upgrade 2019 model  (Read 7189 times)

beardyboy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: MY19 Jazz +Sport
Audio Upgrade 2019 model
« on: May 27, 2019, 05:34:01 AM »
Hi I have the 2019 Jazz 1.5 +sport model (Australian model)...its the VTI-S with a few extras thrown in.

The factory Navigation head unit / media unit is terrible (sound is pretty good but functionality is woeful) and so i am about to upgrade it to a JVC/Kenwood system with Apple carplay.

Just wondered if anyone had put in an after market head unit and got it working with both the factory rear view camera and steering wheel controls?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:35:59 AM by beardyboy »

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Audio Upgrade 2019 model
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 08:14:53 AM »
No that I have any experience of what you want to do, but you would probably want some thing like a Connect2 interface to be able to keep the factory controls etc.

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTSHO008.2

Ches

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz 1.5 VTi Manual GK
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 04:34:28 AM »
Yes, the head unit is woeful. Pioneer Australia says this will fit a 2014 GF:

https://strathfieldcarradios.com.au/pioneer-avh-zl5150bt-multimedia-system-carplay-android-auto-free-reversing-camera/

I have the 2019 (Australia) also and have just started looking for a replacement. I know zip about this stuff! I do want Android and Apple car play so I can use my phones maps for navigation and I want the steering wheel functions to work. If the unit has its own navigation - fine but I don't know that I would get that for around AUD$500.  Cheers

Ches

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz 1.5 VTi Manual GK

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »
Ches. You may find better info here. These guys are always changing this and that on their Fit/Jazz.

beardyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 02:55:49 AM »
Hi I have the 2019 Jazz 1.5 +sport model (Australian model)...its the VTI-S with a few extras thrown in.

The factory Navigation head unit / media unit is terrible (sound is pretty good but functionality is woeful) and so i am about to upgrade it to a JVC/Kenwood system with Apple carplay.

Just wondered if anyone had put in an after market head unit and got it working with both the factory rear view camera and steering wheel controls?

Ok so by way of an update, ive purchased the JVC kw-M740BT ($418 at Frankies at the moment)...this is a Kenwood is disguise :)

The fascia that houses the current OEM infotainment unit seems to be identical in slot size to that offered by AERPRO and Stinger Australia.

Ive ordered the following harness parts from AERPRO

APP8k4E- Kenwood to ISO harness
APA79- Antenna converter
APVHO01- OEM video retention.
APP077- Honda to ISO harness
FP6425- Universal double DIN trim surround

I'm reliably informed that there is a way of getting the steering wheel controls working on the new head unit without using an aftermarket switch box adaptor..

Ill try and document the upgrade as i do the installation

This is a good link for the GK audio wiring https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-i-c-e-sub-forum/90859-upgrade-speaker-system-oem-hu.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:34:06 AM by beardyboy »

beardyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »
Today I installed a JVC KWM740BT

After a lot of mucking around with different harnesses, here’s what AERPRO parts worked for me with this unit:

APA79 antenna converter
APP077 KENWOOD 22 pin to ISO harness
CHHO7C Honda to ISO harness ( primarily due to the fact that this seemed to be the only harness that had the right socket)
APVHO01 factory camera to after market harness.
The steering wheel adapter lead that came with the JVC unit
FP6425 double din trim

Not all of these parts are listed for the GF jazz 2014- (GK not listed yet at all). So I checked the city and HRV  as they have the same head unit as my jazz. Nav model just has the GPS socket...the plug plugs straight into the JVC.

I used the attached image as a guide to help with understanding what the pins on the 2 main factory plugs did.

I modified the CHHO7C by grafting in the JVC supplied steering control lead:
Input 1 to pin A9
Input 2 to pin A13
Ground to pin A19

Doing this means that I didn’t need to use the connect2 adapter that is part of the CHHO7C pack and aJVC patch lead.

The Ant.con lead ( dark blue) from the APPO77 I attached to the blue wire on the APA79

I added a pin to the APVHO01 at B23 for the hand brake lead from APPO77

I grafted the ground wire on the APVHO01 in with the main ground on the APPO77

The jvc unit learns the steering wheel control commands.... very easy set up.

Tags:

anything