Author Topic: Honeymoon period over.......so what do I think of the Jazz  (Read 1822 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
So,
Have had my 11 plate 1.4 Jazz for about a month now and have been reflecting on the owner experience.

Pro's.......
It's so bloody easy to drive, especially around town.
The practicality of it is amazing.
It's well screwed together.
It does over 50 mpg.
I really like driving it, even though it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Cons...
For me there are only two:

Road noise from the tyres, although I suppose that might improve depending on future tyre choice.
It's a bit sluggish.......but actually, that doesn't really bother me.

It's easy to see why so many of these have been sold, they really are a very good little car.

Steve

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Honeymoon period over.......so what do I think of the Jazz
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »
I agree with your conclusions, though if you rev the nuts off it, it will go.

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:19:35 PM »
I totally agree...I've had my 2009 EX iShift for 26 months now and driven more than 20,000 miles in comfort, economy and reliability.  I haven't noticed excessive road noise and the Hankooks I put on 15,000 miles ago look as if they'll be good for another year or so. Apart from consumables, I have enjoyed total reliability and other than oil, filters and wiper blades, I have bought a battery (original was eight years old) and brake pads. I get 52-mpg on a regular run from Barnsley to Cockermouth and around 40-mpg around town. I always try to use the best Shell petrol and enjoy everything about the car, including the unpopular ishift. Great little car...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:16:57 PM »
Absolutely! And the press goes on about the Fiesta! With its reliability, the Jazz is one of the best cars in the supermini sector. Performance definitely can be better and for me, soft plastic would have been nice.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 06:35:51 AM »
As I said elsewhere, I was reading the latest "What Car" at the dentist earlier this week, and it published its Top 10 most reliable used cars.
9: Honda Jazz (2008 – 2015)
Just 3% of Jazz owners reporting a fault with their car. The only problem area was the sat-nav, but affected cars were repaired for free in less than a week.
1: Toyota Yaris (2011 –present)

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »
I totally agree...I've had my 2009 EX iShift for 26 months now and driven more than 20,000 miles in comfort, economy and reliability.  I haven't noticed excessive road noise and the Hankooks I put on 15,000 miles ago look as if they'll be good for another year or so. Apart from consumables, I have enjoyed total reliability and other than oil, filters and wiper blades, I have bought a battery (original was eight years old) and brake pads. I get 52-mpg on a regular run from Barnsley to Cockermouth and around 40-mpg around town. I always try to use the best Shell petrol and enjoy everything about the car, including the unpopular ishift. Great little car...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Cockermouth.......I spent three years at school in Keswick as a boarder in the mid 70's - I love the lakes and have been up Scafell Pike three times, not to mention countless others up there.

Nicest part of the country (and that's from someone currently living in the Cotswolds) although cumbria is the wettest county in the land.

I'm also putting high quality fuel in mine all the time now.

Steve

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 12:15:53 AM »
Definitely Shell V-Power makes a difference on a Jazz.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 07:52:23 AM »
Cons...
For me there are only two:

Road noise from the tyres, although I suppose that might improve depending on future tyre choice.
It's a bit sluggish.......but actually, that doesn't really bother me.
What tyres are currently on the vehicle? They are unlikely to be the originals.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »
Hi,
Mine is also a 2011 but with the cvt gearbox. I had Michelin tyres fitted which are supposed to be the quietest but there is a lot of road noise. Pulling onto a roundabout can be a bit sluggish, I found that if you use the paddles to change down before actually stopping pulling away is quite brisk. On normal roads acceleration is quite rapid if you floor the pedal, depends what you are used to.
Chris

Tags:

anything