Author Topic: Funny smell  (Read 1381 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Funny smell
« on: March 18, 2019, 02:34:18 PM »
I used the car first thing, with no issues, then parked it in the sun for 4 hours. When I next went to use it there was a strange "acidic" smell in the cabin (not battery acid). I opened my window while I went to pick up my wife. Before putting the car away in the garage I checked the boot for any "shopping" that may have dropped out the bags and "matured". Nothing. The boot was dry, as was the rear wheel well. I checked the carpets, in the car, and they were bone dry (surprising after Saturday's rain). I sprayed the interior fabric with Febreze, and a quick squirt of air freshener wafted about completed the deal. I'll see what it is like tomorrow. Strange though.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
Re: Funny smell
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 04:48:16 PM »
Whatever the smell was it hasn't come back. Coolant level was fine when I checked it yesterday. Guess I'll never know.

Lewo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:17:22 AM »
Get one of those Coliform cherry air scents in the car!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 07:51:37 AM »
Get one of those Coliform cherry air scents in the car!
Fine, if you have a smelly car (damp or cigarette smoke), but my car normally smells fresh and when an unpleasant smell suddenly appears my thoughts are leaky heater matrix or water leaking in somewhere.
Mind you, a punnet of strawberries, in the boot, also have an unpleasant smell. And I don't mean rotting. I shop for my mother-in-law and between going to the supermarket and leaving for her house, strawberries can leave a real smell.

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »
I had a similar issue which I put down to the Air conditioner. I purchased an ac bomb from Aldi or Lidl I don’t remember which one. Run the AC with the windows closed set off the scented bomb which sprays up all over the inside, close the doors with you on the outside and let it do it’s thing. It took several go’s but the ac no longer smells.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 08:09:26 PM »
My Jazz doesn't have air conditioning, but I have used the "bombs" on my Volvo.
Thankfully the smell has never shown up again. Maybe it was me!

Tags:

anything