Author Topic: Jazz 2010 locking system  (Read 1288 times)

Barb

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hatchback semi automatic 2010
Jazz 2010 locking system
« on: February 16, 2019, 05:29:29 PM »
Hi, can anyone help? I recently bought my Jazz and somehow managed to lock myself inside...  I did get it unlocked but don't know how. I usually lock the doors if I'm driving alone at night so if I was in an accident would I not be able to open the doors? this seem dangerous. I have looked in the handbook but can't find any reference to this matter.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Jazz 2010 locking system
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »
You can lock yourself in by operating the 'lock' button on the key fob accidentally or by operating the lock button on the drivers door/window control.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz 2010 locking system
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 09:00:48 PM »
Hi, can anyone help? I recently bought my Jazz and somehow managed to lock myself inside...  I did get it unlocked but don't know how. I usually lock the doors if I'm driving alone at night so if I was in an accident would I not be able to open the doors? this seem dangerous. I have looked in the handbook but can't find any reference to this matter.

You move small plastic door mounted lever to lock ( directly above normal door opening lever - pull it back towards you so red rectangle disappears)  just move it the opposite way to unlock ( push it forward so red rectangle shows).

You can lock / unlock doors with key fob buttons if key is out of steering lock, but on my wifes MK2 it won't lock and unlock doors if key is inserted into steering lock,  I can sit inside the car with key out  and operate door locks.  I don't know if there is a time delay after key inserted or engine started before fob buttons will operate door locks as I seem to remember locking doors before with fob after driving off - you will have to experiment.  It may be a safety feature to prevent you locking doors with key in ignition.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:06:53 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: