Author Topic: Why do women drivers sit so close to steering wheel  (Read 983 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Why do women drivers sit so close to steering wheel
« on: January 22, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=656963

I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed how close ( predominately women ) many drivers sit to steering wheel.

If the airbag ever deploys it will kill them, and sitting so close it is doubtful if the seat belt would stop them hitting the wheel...

I have seen many women so close to wheel that their forearms are touching the wheel ( or parallel to it ) and they are holding wheel at top, if the airbag went off it would either break their arms or more likely push their arms at high speed ( air bag expands at between 160 to 200 mph ) into their body and face, maybe even break their neck.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:10:07 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Why do women drivers sit so close to steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »
Short legs.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Why do women drivers sit so close to steering wheel
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 07:38:48 PM »
Short legs.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Most women have got longer legs in relation to their height than blokes...

My theory is they are trying to see front of car ( or want to be nearer rear view mirror to touch their hair and makeup up easier ). But generally women do not seem such relaxed drivers as blokes, and don't have good spacial judgement ( ducks ) .
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:53:59 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: