Author Topic: Honda EV  (Read 4736 times)

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Honda EV
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 09:26:49 AM »
I can see that. I was thinking Mk.1 Golf on the outside and (original) Mini Clubman on the inside.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 11:36:54 AM »

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 03:13:18 PM »
I think the white colour adds to making it reminiscant of early golfs and 205s, if it were in a more 1970s yellow or orange I'd imagine it would seem a lot more like an early civic. I really enjoyed that video Jocko, so thanks. It'll be interesting to see what colours they introduce, modern or retro.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »
I have watched the video a couple of times now and I love everything about it. Rear wheel drive (like real cars), tight turning circle for city driving (like a black cab - or a Triumph Herald), real switches, wheels designed to protect the discs from dirt (since regenerative braking means discs are not used as much as on a conventional car), and 10 cm bigger than a Jazz. Only thing that will stop me ordering one will be the price! Cannot image it being competitive with the Zoe or Leaf.

Triumph Herald had a 25 ft turning circle.
Jazz is 35 feet.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 06:55:34 PM »
If the Herald suspension was anything like the Spitfire's, I would not be such a great fan. The splayed rear wheels must have seemed like a good idea at the time!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 07:07:13 PM »
If the Herald suspension was anything like the Spitfire's, I would not be such a great fan. The splayed rear wheels must have seemed like a good idea at the time!

IIRC it was same chassis,  the Vitesse was dangerous with a two litre engine and the same chassis as the Herald.. Had the misfortune to drive a Spitfire a couple of times,  just like riding on a plank.

You could roll the front tyres off a Herald if you were going too fast and used full lock, but it could turn on a sixpence.

Rear wheel drive allows a smaller turning radius because you don't have to worry about drive shafts and CV joints on front wheels,  but then again rear wheel steering is fun ( have you ever driven a fork lift truck or dumper ? )
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:12:05 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 08:04:19 PM »
We had two factories, three quarter of a mile apart on an industrial estate. Two or three of us drove the forklift between the two and the object of the game was to drive between the two, flat out, with a driver and someone riding shotgun. It was a big diesel truck, about this size,

but now I think about it, we were lunatics.
Health and Safety was not a principle back then!!
Skip sliding the thing round 90° bends. Asking for a manslaughter charge.
Another job I worked in we used to RACE dumpers round a big hanger, in and out the supporting pillars. Great way to end the shift.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 08:19:42 AM »
Tesla Model 3 to sell for £26,400 in the US. Wonder if Honda will be able to beat that for their new EV?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47410636

Tags:

anything