Author Topic: Leather seats?  (Read 4573 times)

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Leather seats?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 10:04:47 PM »
I agree with your point. I would not choose a car with leather seats from new, but this one just happens to have them.
Same here. They just come on the EX with no option not to have them.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 08:27:49 AM »
Personally I was tempted by leather seats for the simple reason that I could never get all the dog hairs out of fabric seats. The Jazz rear seats were a revelation. I have them up all the time and the dogs ride in comfort on a custom bed I made for the rear floor. Much easier for my aged pooch to get in too.

Incidentally synthetic suede does exist. The brand Alcontara (?) is big in luxury cars. Not sure why cheaper alternatives haven't caught on. I too have a sofa with that sort of covering and it's great.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 10:31:42 AM »
I have had leather for nearly 20 years for two reasons...

1) I find a heated seat to be immensely efficient at dealing with my back problems, and to get that, you almost always have to specify leather, although less so now.
2) Cleaning and removal of dog hairs.

My Toyota has leather/alcantara, which is the best of both worlds as it removes the slipperiness and reduces the 'cold winter bum' factor.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
I think a lot of 'leather' seats are mx of real and synthetic leather thesedays. (Can't comment about the EX-L).

I agree about the sliding around thing, back in the 90s my best mate's parents had a Rover 200 (the one twined with the Honda Concerto) with leather seats and you used slide around easily in the back.

Stagecoach has some interurban coaches running into Edinburgh and though there is no room to slide sideways (with the fitted arm rests), I find I have to continually push myself back in the seat.

I heard from relatives in Hampshire/Surrey area that some Stagecoach have buses fitted with leather seats. Interesting concept, I wonder how well they stand up to abuse.

(Found pic on Flickr, you can clearly see the leather seats:)

Stagecoach South SN66 VYO 10768 Gold Route 1 Branded by Transport Snapper, on Flickr

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 03:06:21 PM »
While on a school cruise in 1970 we went on a bus in North Africa.  5 minutes before we embarked the driver went inside with a hosepipe and hosed the inside down from back to front, including the leather seats.  Bone dry by the time we got in.

Tags: