Author Topic: 2018 facelift spotting  (Read 2166 times)

Switz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Not yet
2018 facelift spotting
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:56:42 AM »
Hello all
I am currently on the look out for my first Jazz, I am torn between a new one or an up to 1 year old. I see there was a face lifted model launch early in 2018.

How do I tell it apart from the previous version?

There are a few March 2018 cars for sale but I am not sure if this is the older model or the first of the newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: 2018 facelift spotting
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 09:16:53 AM »
If you look at the rear of the car, the earlier model has the large "air vents" in the bumper. The face-lifted model has smaller ones.
That's probably the easiest way to tell them apart.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Switz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
Thanks I can see that now. The one on the left is the newer model.

Is there much of a difference between the two. Trying to decide between £9.5k for an 8 month old ex rental or £12.5k for a new S.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 01:18:48 PM »
Not only are you looking at the difference between the pre and post facelift but more significantly the difference between the lowest spec and the highest spec.

For example the EX comes with larger wheels, keyless entry, a rear view camera and climate control.

Drive both and get the one that best meets your wants and needs.

Of course I may have misinterpreted you post.  Did you mean EX rental or ex-rental?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:21:21 PM by ColinS »

Switz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »
Good point!  Ex rental as in a previously rented S spec.  I know I am in minority but prefer steel wheels and the S Spec seems to have all I want. The only thing I would have preferred would be adaptive cruise control but that’s being picky.

Have been genuinely impressed with what the “base” model has.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »
The only thing I would have preferred would be adaptive cruise control but that’s being picky.
I have adaptive cruise control. I insisted on it. I hardly use it in practice as a) it takes the interest (and the attention) out of driving and b) I don't do the quantity of motorway miles I used to when I wanted it.

I would get the cheaper model. The one where someone else has paid the initial depreciation for you. I have not bought a 'new' car since the 1980s - company cars for a long while and then, when I decided to leave the car scheme, I just bought 'nearly new' - Jazz, HR/V and now RAV4, and an 8 year old Jazz too - still going strong at age 14 this year.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »
I would not buy a model with loads of tech either, my wife's MK2 Si came with cruise control, but that was not a reason to buy it, she got it because she liked the colour of the seats !! ( woman logic) I had cars with cruise control overseas and never hardly used it even in Australia - i used cruise on her Jazz no more than 5 or 6 times, mainly early on due to the novelty value, she has never used it. More tech = higher price and more to go wrong / annoy you.

I used to like the way on the older cruise controls that you could hit 'resume' button and it would take car back up to set speed, but that don't happen anymore as cruise won't work below about 25mph now.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:37:56 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:19 PM »
It may be worthwhile searching Honda's used car website for ex-demonstrators and pre-reg vehicles https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars .
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 07:14:21 PM »
I use cruise control almost daily. I use it on the straight section of my commute (about five miles) and I use it pretty much all the time on motorways and dual carriageways. It's a heavily used feature that any car I buy has to have.

The only things it's not good at are climbing hills (it seems to have a knack for finally deciding to accelerate just as it reaches the brow of the hill) and bendy sections where I prefer to be able to control the car's speed with the accelerator pedal.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:17:16 PM by andruec »

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 08:20:01 PM »
I use cruise control almost daily.

The only things it's not good at are climbing hills (it seems to have a knack for finally deciding to accelerate just as it reaches the brow of the hill)

Same here and agree re the hill climbing, I always use the accelerator to control speed on any steep hills then just touch resume to switch back to the set cruise speed, personally I would not like to have a vehicle without it now.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 08:47:40 PM »
I loved the cruise control I had on my Volvo S40. I used it all the time. Just flicked it on and off as required.

Switz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 10:12:17 PM »
To be fair I think the S has cruise control, just not adaptive but I can see how concentration could be lost when using it.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 10:24:50 PM »
To be fair I think the S has cruise control, just not adaptive
No Jazz has adaptive cruise control; if that's important to you, you need to look at a different model or make.

Tags:

anything