Author Topic: windscreen wipers  (Read 7373 times)

guest180

windscreen wipers
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:33:12 PM »
Hi everyone my husband has just left me & I am learning to cope with my 2004 jazz on my own, I need new windscreen wipers & have had no trouble getting the front ones but no-one seems to stock the rear ones. Does anyone know where I can get one???

guest216

• Topic Starter
Re: windscreen wipers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »
Hi you could try your local Honda Dealership,
or try a google search for Honda Jazz rear wiper blades,
hope this is of some help for you.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
Hi a Honda dealership will definitely have anything you require for your jazz but at a price!

So for stuff like wipers i would go to somewhere like Euro Car Parts

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:40:38 AM »
The Jazz uses a 20" (drivers side) and a 15" (passenger side) wiper blade, Halfords will have them, try and buy the BOSCH ones though, as they are better quality.

The rear wiper (as with most cars) is a dealer only part, but you can slide out the worn or torn rubber insert and wiggle a new one into the existing blade holder if you are careful, most car parts places sell lengths of rubber wiper blade insert.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:06:47 AM »
Prev comments agreed, I have always fitted new blades every 2 years, the rears seem to last out the fronts.
If you use E bay have a look at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MNC-AUTOMOTIVE-LTD
otherwise buy at Halfords/local motor factors

guest593

• Topic Starter

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »
Bought them for my Mercedes! They were OK, but don't be fooled into thinking they are specially for the Jazz.
Mine, for the Merc, came with a multitude of fastenings for just about every kind of car east of the Pecos!

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »
Bought them for my Mercedes! They were OK, but don't be fooled into thinking they are specially for the Jazz.
Mine, for the Merc, came with a multitude of fastenings for just about every kind of car east of the Pecos!
But are they the dogs dangly bits, as they makers would have us believe they are?

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
Looks like the wipers fitted to the new Jazz and Civic. 8)

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 06:28:24 PM »
But are they the dogs dangly bits, as they makers would have us believe they are?

Yes, they are quite good!
Better than original kit? Well, I've never kept wiper blades for more than 12 months!

If you change the wipers every year, like me, then I don't think you'll see any difference!

guest684

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 02:36:16 PM »

Often on the motorway I noticed a fluttering flapping noise occuring at speed from the passenger side wiper particularly on windy days.  The front wipers were in need of replacement, and feeling its always better to allow for a margin of safety/security by using slightly higher spec equipment I went for:

Valeo Silencio X-TRM Flat Blade: UM660 and UM620.

They are expensive for wipers (£22.98 for the pair), but fit very easily with full instructions.  It was more difficult removing the old ones!  There is now no fluttering with a very clean and silent wipe at whatever speed.
They incorporate a replacement indicator so hopefully will prove their worth in the long-run, ie. shouldnt have to renew every a year.

Review:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/215223/valeo_silencio_xtrm_um622_um664.html

Can buy from:
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Valeo_XTRM__Flat_Wiper_Blades.html

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 03:25:21 PM »
I replaced mine with Bosch blades with the drivers one having now a spoiler. The passenger doesnt seem to be a problem with lift, but if it does in the future Ill just replace that one with a spoiler version too.

Tags:

anything