Author Topic: Turning off keyless vehicle when not in park...  (Read 1140 times)

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
Turning off keyless vehicle when not in park...
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:19:49 PM »
On the odd occasion (today) I've press the keyless off button but forgot to move the gearstick into park. So I then restart the car for 5 seconds put in park then turn off again - just doesn't feel like a good thing to do. Is this the only way to do it?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:22:48 PM by JazzyJJ »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Turning off keyless vehicle when not in park...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »
On the odd occasion (today) I've press the keyless off button but forgot to move the gearstick into park. So I then restart the car for 5 seconds put in park then turn off again - just doesn't feel like a good thing to do. Is this the only way to do it?

This only tends to be a problem if the engine is cold, possibly causing flooding, it is not a problem with a hot engine.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Turning off keyless vehicle when not in park...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »

With engine stopped and handbrake on press brake pedal then select park then release brake pedal you can now turn ignition off with the button without restarting the engine (you might have to press button twice I can’t remember!)

Tags: