Author Topic: Code P1895  (Read 2133 times)

guest7405

Code P1895
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:03:11 PM »
Well, we ended up getting a Jazz but it wasn't as nice a one as I'd originally intended. We were waiting for some money to come through before we bought but needed a practical car straightaway as both of our other cars are two seater roadsters. We found a very tatty 03 car with two dented doors and a knackered wing advertised for a grand. I beat the dealer down and got it for 700 quid.

Turned out not to be quite as good a deal as I'd hoped.  The gearbox has a judder if you pull away too hard and the other day my wife was driving when she lost drive altogether for a few moments. The engine warning light came on at that point.

I've read the fault code and it is P1895 which is the CVT Pulley Pressure Valve Circuit according to the internet.

Is this something fixable at a reasonable price or am I better off cutting my losses and just junking it?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Code P1895
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
It sounds like an internal CVT gearbox fault and hence not a cheap fix. hopefully someone on here will have more knowledge of gearbox codes.

Vic.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 06:41:42 PM »
The first thing to do is to check the gearbox oil level.
Another thought, the CVT gearbox oil has quite a short life, 25k miles or two years and your car has one of the signs of neglected oil changes, namely the juddering.
If the oil changes have been severely neglected it is possible that may be the cause of the problem. Try a double oil change to see if that helps. Get the oil warm first then change it,drive the car around then do the second oil change. It is imperative that you only use Honda CVT-F fluid, don't let a garage tell you that ordinary auto gearbox fluid will do.
I'm not sure what the cost of CVT-F is, I think it comes in 4litre bottles and you will need two of those. I guess about £60.
It may help but I make no promises.

Vic.

guest7405

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:45:47 AM »
Thanks Vic but I think we've decided to scrap it. I'm going to offer it as spares or repairs for a couple of hundred quid but then it'll go to the scrapper. It's not in good enough condition for me to want to put money into it.

Apart from the gearbox issue it's mechanically sound so someone might find a use for some of the parts. The main thing with it is the bodywork. Damaged passenger wing and door and a dent in the drivers door.

Not expensive to fix with second hand parts but I don't have the time or the inclination to source the bits and do it. I was going to but tbh the gearbox issue has pushed it over the "can't be arsed" threshold.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 09:34:03 AM »
You might want to look at this. It appears to be a simple thing to clean or replace after removing the air cleaner.

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/02/SAA2E02E15117747171FEAT10.HTML
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:38:35 AM by Jocko »

guest7405

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 05:22:44 PM »
Thanks Jocko. Yes, I'd seen that. I'm going to give the dealers a call tomorrow and find out how much the part costs.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »
Do the checks firsts. The chances are the coil will be okay, and all that will be necessary is to clean the valve with carb cleaner. Dealer will want an arm and a kidney.

Tags:

anything