Author Topic: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz  (Read 9989 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz
« on: July 04, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
A friend of mine turned up,today in the latest 18 plate Mk 3 CVT Jazz and I started looking around to spot any differences.
He tells me that it was sold to him as a 2017 model. However as far as I could see there is very little difference between that and my 2015 model.
Certainly there are minor trim changes, smaller rear grills, bump in the middle of the radiator chrome top section, led headlights, etc,  but I'm not sure whether there are any technical and/or performance changes.
Does anyone have complete list of any updates?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »
Most of the improvements are not visible, you need to drive it. It has a stiffer bodyshell, revised suspension settings, better steering feel, stiffened steering rack mounts, improved sound insulation, an improved auto wipe system, the Aircon uses a length of concentric pipe to improve the output and probably  more that I have not seen or heard about. I will look for the Honda publication I read.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:56:23 AM by Skyrider »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:15:56 AM »
This is blatant Honda advertising but you can pick some information from it.

https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/125013/2018-jazz-dynamic-15-litre-i-vtec

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 08:16:32 AM »
Thanks Skyrider for your comments, I should mentioned that we are talking here about a 1.3 EX model, and mine is the same model but with a 66 plate.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 08:18:45 AM »
This article has a lot of info:
https://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/media/pressreleases/125475/2018-honda-jazz-15-i-vtec

But all always in these kind of docs it is difficult to differentiate what is actually new from what are its standard virtues of the family being restated.

I commented before that I am surprised that the official mpg figures for the 1.5 are nearly 10% worse than the 1.3.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 08:20:40 AM »
Honda News had an article which explained the changes for the 2018 UK/EU model, can't reach that link anymore.

All models had a stiffer body shell with thicker glass and more sound proofing, suspension settings had been revised to improve handling. The CVT programming was revised. Also LED sidelights and Headlights.

The Sport model has a 1.5 engine, body kit, revised interior trim and black alloy wheels.

I test drove a 2017 EX, then a 2018 Sport and there was quite difference. The first thing I noticed about the 2018 model was the improved handling and the car felt quieter at speed. The 1.5 engine was much faster off the mark and the engine did not rev so much.

I'm very pleased with the car and its my first Jazz.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 08:40:46 AM »
Honda News had an article which explained the changes for the 2018 UK/EU model, can't reach that link anymore.

All models had a stiffer body shell with thicker glass and more sound proofing, suspension settings had been revised to improve handling. The CVT programming was revised. Also LED sidelights and Headlights.

The Sport model has a 1.5 engine, body kit, revised interior trim and black alloy wheels.

I test drove a 2017 EX, then a 2018 Sport and there was quite difference. The first thing I noticed about the 2018 model was the improved handling and the car felt quieter at speed. The 1.5 engine was much faster off the mark and the engine did not rev so much.

I'm very pleased with the car and its my first Jazz.

I suspect the publication you mention is the one I read, I remember the thicker glass being mentioned. Having owned both a 16 and 18 model I can assure you they feel very different in refinement and handling disregarding the extra power of the 1.5.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 08:52:55 AM »
Having had a test drive in both 2017 and 2018 one after the other I felt there was a significant difference between the models. I was pleased I had waited to test drive the new 2018 model.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 08:53:57 AM »

I test drove a 2017 EX, then a 2018 Sport and there was quite difference. The first thing I noticed about the 2018 model was the improved handling and the car felt quieter at speed.

Makes me wonder why Honda have not spelt out the 2018 changes a bit more clearly.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:15:54 PM by Barcam »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
One thing I have noticed with this car is the  indicator lane change function works every time, it was hit and miss with my previous car but that may have been that particular car.

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »
My friends car has the bump in the centre of the chrome section of the radiator grill. Is that indicative of the 2018 model?
The car was purchased brand new last week.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »
The easiest way to tell is from the rear. In the rear bumper, the earlier Mk3s have quite large black grill type panels at each side. These are much smaller in the facelifted version.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 12:23:13 PM »
My friends car has the bump in the centre of the chrome section of the radiator grill. Is that indicative of the 2018 model?
The car was purchased brand new last week.

Yes, it is. The 2018 facelift car went on sale last September, joined by the Sport model in March this year.

guest4871

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 12:23:58 PM »
One thing I have noticed with this car is the  indicator lane change function works every time, it was hit and miss with my previous car but that may have been that particular car.

Pray - what's an indicator lane change function?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 12:26:45 PM »

Pray - what's an indicator lane change function?

If you flick the indicator stalk in the direction you are going to move the indicator on that side flashes three times.

Tags:

anything