Author Topic: Does size matter???  (Read 1491 times)

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
Does size matter???
« on: August 11, 2019, 07:20:10 PM »
hi all need to replace my front windscreen wiper blades and now a little confused?? I see that the main blade is a 26" the passenger blade is 13" now some sites :D are quoting a 14" passenger blade as correct  other a 13" blade?? which is correct as I have a mot comming up and dont want to have a faliure for 1"??? also just as a point of felling ripped off I have just booked in for my mot / service under the honda extended warranty 3yrs that i pay monthly for I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to fully synthetic oil?? they wanted £26.0 I said no way!!! I can by castrol gtx  5ltr cheaper whats everyones thoughts on that??? oh sorry !! the car is 2010 1.4 i vtec ex i shift, would be thankful of any help guys  cheers!!!

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: Does size matter???
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 07:25:53 PM »
measure your existing wiper blades,and just replace .

GTX used to be 20-50,

far to thick for a Honda,I think a 5-30 semi sinthetic would suit .

but check the manual,

guest4871

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 07:27:27 PM »
You can rely on:

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/honda-jazz-years-2008-to-2015-wiper-blades

I use Bosch Aerotwin which are excellent.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »
I have had both 13'' and 14'', both are fine, but I would go 14''.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 08:30:34 PM »
You can rely on:

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/honda-jazz-years-2008-to-2015-wiper-blades

I use Bosch Aerotwin which are excellent.

+1 for wiperblades.com,   have bought my blades from them for a few years now. Tried the 'Blades' ones on civic this time and they really wipe well, seem to sit on screen more evenly than Bosch aerotwin I had on before, don't know about longevity yet, used Bosch aerotwin before with no problem ( got those for wife's Jazz , short one is 14" and no problem ).

Late edit - the 'Blades' large wiper on Civic failed 7 months after I fitted the pair, the wiping edge just broke away from rest of blade at both ends....... went back to Bosch Aerotwin as replacement.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 05:50:34 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
Thought I would add to this thread rather than start a new one..

Normally get my wiper blades from here the prices and service are great,  and they do sell rear blades for Jazz and you can even get a rear wiper arm and blade for a really good price.

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/honda-jazz-years-2008-to-2015-wiper-blades/rear-screen

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 12:41:56 PM »
I use them as well. Never needed to replace my rear blade. There was a new one fitted when I bought the car and I never use it. Check it every time I clean the rear screen but it's still as good as new.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 05:45:46 PM »
I use them as well. Never needed to replace my rear blade. There was a new one fitted when I bought the car and I never use it. Check it every time I clean the rear screen but it's still as good as new.

The main reason the rear blade fails is probably sun damage to rubber, or starting the wiper when rear blade edge iced to the screen ... On our MK1's I managed to get some refill rubber - the rear blades then were hard to get and pricey,  nice to know that wiperblades.co.uk can supply rear blades at a decent price.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 05:47:27 PM by culzean »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 06:15:35 PM »
The main reason the rear blade fails is probably sun damage to rubber, or starting the wiper when rear blade edge iced to the screen
My car spends most of its time garaged, which limits sun damage and means I always set off with a clean front and rear screen. Add to that the fact I am retired, so the car isn't sitting at a workplace for 8-hours.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 09:21:02 PM »
I replaced front and rear blades shortly after I got my Jazz 18 months ago. Wiper blades uk sent me sent me something called iguana rather than the non-Bosch aero blades I ordered. They barely lasted a year, now have Bosch aeros, fingers crossed.
The rear failed in a year too (not from wiper blades uk) but then the back of my car faces south and catches full sun.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Tags:

anything