Author Topic: Standard Honda Radio 2012 Honda Jazz  (Read 904 times)

Bionicman

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2012 automatic
Standard Honda Radio 2012 Honda Jazz
« on: January 30, 2021, 06:57:58 PM »
I recently removed the fully working radio from my wifes car, when I put it back and plugged it in,it can be heard that it powers up when the largest of the leads is plugged in. The radio is dead also the hazard push switch does not light when turned on. I do realise that the radio has a radio code,but the digital display does not light up. Does anyone know if there is an internal fuse to the actual radio itself? or what it might be causeing this issue please   

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Standard Honda Radio 2012 Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 11:25:07 AM »
I can only suggest you check all the connections again. Sounds obvious, but have you turned the ignition on and off again?

"also the hazard push switch does not light when turned on."
Yeah, they all do that. Only car I've ever owned where the hazard lights switch doesn't flash.

Bionicman

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2012 automatic
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:25:10 PM »
Many thanks for the reply, stats strange about the hazard switchg I could have sworn it used to light up.
Regarding plugging it in again I have done that lots of times and yes the ignition is on. Ive read that it could be a fuse but I cant see in the handbook one that controls the radio.
My wife is not to pleased with me as its her car and the radio is on all the time wearas I like to hear the engine.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 08:10:35 PM »
Hi

There is a fuse in the fuse box

I cannot remember the fuse number but best to pull each fuse to check for blown fuse

If I remember correctly, air con or blower may also not work

Many thanks

John

Tags: