Author Topic: HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT VS VAUXHALL MOKKA 1.4 TURBO AUTOMATIC  (Read 7473 times)

guest7675

Re: HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT VS VAUXHALL MOKKA 1.4 TURBO AUTOMATIC
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 05:58:59 PM »
I thought the seat height on the honda jazz was pretty high for getting in and out and cars like ford focus were lower is that not right.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 06:18:16 PM »
Warning robust Aussie language used!

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »
Yes the Ecosport does have flappy paddles but I am waiting to get a few more miles on the clock before I start experimenting. The Jazz does have paddles and I did use them a lot especially on a very difficult run in onto the A30 where I could hold 2nd gear and get a shift on.
I was concerned about the 'auto' box on the Ford which by repute had problems but I assured that this model the problems  have been sorted, if they haven't it ain't my problem.
Mr Ford and Motability will have to sort it out, however it appears this model is much improved over the older one.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 11:23:25 AM »
Definitely +1 to this, the interior space on some of these cars is rubbish

I am sure a Mokka or similar is excellent if you want a car that is small inside and is on stilts. My daughter has a Renault Captur, no bigger inside than the Clio it is based on, it is just styled to look like a bigger car, like most SUV lookalikes.

...and if you are buying a used car that's out of warranty, definitely +1 to this

After owning 9 Corsas and 2 Astras, and 2 Jazzes, my money is on the Jazz outlasting any Vauxhall. I wouldn't own a Vauxhall beyond the warranty period. I took the Jazz 150,000 miles beyond the warranty.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 01:13:27 PM »
I have no qualms about owning a Vauxhall. I had two, back to back, between 1990 and 2007. The firsts had done 186,000 miles when I sold it, the second 183,000. I personally did over 90,000 miles with each of them (185,000 in total). Neither one required much more than wear and tear items

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 01:52:13 PM »
After owning 9 Corsas and 2 Astras, and 2 Jazzes, my money is on the Jazz outlasting any Vauxhall. I wouldn't own a Vauxhall beyond the warranty period. I took the Jazz 150,000 miles beyond the warranty.

I used to have Vauxhall company cars changed every three years even though they were company cars I looked after them, every one I had started to give problems once they had done about 80K they were always in for repairs for something minor and some major faults, I swore I would never ever have one when I eventually bought my own cars again.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 02:35:19 PM »
I used to have Vauxhall company cars changed every three years even though they were company cars I looked after them, every one I had started to give problems once they had done about 80K they were always in for repairs for something minor and some major faults, I swore I would never ever have one when I eventually bought my own cars again.

To be  fair, if you're doing minimum 80,000 miles in them in 3 years, that's a hard life for a car. On my old company car scheme, they would have been renewed early with that sort of mileage.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 03:13:54 PM »
Motorway use is easy on cars, it is the local running about that gives them a hard life.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 03:58:49 PM »
Motorway use is easy on cars, it is the local running about that gives them a hard life.

+1

Local mileage, short runs, and stop-start driving are hard on vehicles.  IMHO motorway miles are actually good for a car.  What makes ozzies Jazz even more impressive is that it was a driving school car.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »
As to getting in and out of a honda jazz its a great car for elderly and disabled due to height of seat i know there are higher seated cars but with my disability its hard to go too high.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 09:37:57 PM »
I have no qualms about owning a Vauxhall. I had two, back to back, between 1990 and 2007. The firsts had done 186,000 miles when I sold it, the second 183,000. I personally did over 90,000 miles with each of them (185,000 in total). Neither one required much more than wear and tear items

I'll dare bet neither of them had the Easytronic gearbox Jocko.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 09:57:54 PM »
No. They both had standard GM Hydraulic automatic transmissions with Torque Converters. The first (Carlton) was 3 speed and the second (Cavalier) was 4 speed.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 09:11:08 AM »
I agree about the Jazz being very good for height of seats BUT unfortunately not high enough for me or my Wife. The Ford appears to fit our needs. I would have preferred to remain with the Honda breed but as I explained the upfront payments for the HRV or CRV were just too much. I am at the stage where my driving is dependent upon the DVLA who appear to change the rules every time I apply for my three year licence. If they decided I can no longer drive the upfront payment could be lost in less  than two years time.
Sadly, the Jazz has to go, I, yesterday as the result of an interested? buyer  managed to get my local garage to do an urgent MOT to get the sale. The old MOT expired July.  Now the time waster has lost interest. Our Jazz with 52145miles on the clock ( reg Oct 2010) is in excellent condition and this is a tribute to Honda. Whether or not being built at Swindon has anything to do with it I know not. Certainly the reliability is second to none.
I did  look at a Mokka but was somewhat put off by the ( in my opinion) flashy interior. It did appear smaller inside than the Ford. I always refused to do less than a 5 mile each way trip. As to longevity my force had Vauxhalls and considering they had up to six drivers a day and spent their life crawling one minute and high speed the next they did well. The Hillman Avengers were just as good one had 185000 miles on the clock when it was sold ( a new engine was fitted prior to sale). Sadly the Montego's were not so reliable.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 05:30:23 PM »
Having watched the Aussie film re the CVT box, would it be true to say that the CVT should be better than the manual in the 0 to 60 figures, since the engine is always revving at the optimum speed and there are no delays through manual gearchanging?
All my Jazz cars have been CVT and I have desire to return to manual.
Like others have said, the motoring correspondents just have no idea how to use it effectively.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »

All my Jazz cars have been CVT and I have desire to return to manual.

Did you miss a "no" out of that sentence? My current Jazz is my first CVT, there is no way I will go back to a manual gearbox or an Atkinson engine!

Tags:

anything