Author Topic: Doors Auto Lock when Closed  (Read 3415 times)

guest7950

Doors Auto Lock when Closed
« on: September 15, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »
I have a slight hitch in my (new to me) 07 Jazz.

If the key in in the ignition (in, turned to I, II or the engine running) then when the drivers door is shut, it unlocks and then very quickly locks all the doors.

Yes - we have already managed to lock ourselves out of the car whilst the engine is running!  :o

Any ideas to what might be causing it, or how to solve the issue?
At present the only clue we have is that it's not an issue on the central locking circuit. We pulled out the central locking fuse to stop the behaviour, and when you close the door there is still something firing as you can hear a tiny double click once the drivers door closes. It's the same 'click' as we hear when we use the button on the key to try and unlock the car whilst the fuse is out. Immobiliser?

TIA for any help given!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Doors Auto Lock when Closed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 08:55:41 PM »
If the key in in the ignition (in, turned to I, II or the engine running) then when the drivers door is shut, it unlocks and then very quickly locks all the doors.
Welcome. What do you mean "it unlocks and then very quickly locks all the doors"? How can it unlock? Surely the door is already unlocked when you close the door with the engine running?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
If you unlock the car and do not open a door for about 30 seconds ( if I recall correctly ) then the doors will relock themselves automatically. The only thing I can think of is that the door switch is not working  and it does not know a door has been opened. In some countries the doors are programmed to auto lock but not in UK.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7950

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:34:16 PM »
How can it unlock? Surely the door is already unlocked when you close the door with the engine running?
There are two firing of the central locking - the first attempts to unlock (as you are correct as the drivers door is already unlocked). But for example if you push the passengers lock down manually before you shut the drivers, it will unlock it.
Then the second firing then locks all the doors.

If you unlock the car and do not open a door for about 30 seconds ( if I recall correctly ) then the doors will relock themselves automatically.

That bit of the system is working fine. Ie unlock with the fob and then don't touch the door.

The mystery deepens!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:45:47 PM »
Damaged/broken wiring in the driver's door gaiter?

Never heard of it on the Jazz, but a very common problem on VWs causing all sorts of central locking maladies.

Tags:

anything