Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 189534 times)

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2024, 06:37:03 PM »
I suspect honda maybe treat dealers differently?? Honda uk have asked for feedback quite a few times after services and post pre new delivery so maybe giving consistent excellents reflects on how honda  treats dealer warranty claims …perhaps the mega dealer groups turning over a billion argue about warrantry labour rates whereas the family owned dealers just get on with it ..i know Nissan did as my local ( very small )dealer seldom had any warranty issues compared to the one bigger multi franchised dealer part of the hartwell group. They werent too fussed in really standing the customers ground on claims just wanted the job out the workshop asap

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2024, 12:33:38 PM »
...you have that nagging doubt when you go out to the car that it might happen.

Wasn't it Seneca who said: "We suffer more in imagination than in reality.”?

Meaning, we spend so much time worried about how bad things are going to be, that we actually torture ourselves more than the thing we’re worried about ever could (that is, if it happens at all).

I just enjoy driving the Jazz. If something goes wrong, it's early enough to worry, right?

Wise words. Can't help myself though - one of life's worriers.

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2024, 01:36:36 PM »
Off topic I know, our a/c packed up, apparently it's a leak at the condenser, Honda build quality isn't what it was.
I had the same thing on my Crosstar last summer, replaced under warranty but it took several months to get the part.
Same happened to my Jazz last summer. Took over two months for the replacement condenser to arrive so we endured the hottest part of the summer without airccon. This is my seventh Honda and definitely the most unreliable. I will be trading it in for a Kia very soon.

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2024, 05:29:13 PM »
Off topic I know, our a/c packed up, apparently it's a leak at the condenser, Honda build quality isn't what it was.
I had the same thing on my Crosstar last summer, replaced under warranty but it took several months to get the part.
Same happened to my Jazz last summer. Took over two months for the replacement condenser to arrive so we endured the hottest part of the summer without airccon. This is my seventh Honda and definitely the most unreliable. I will be trading it in for a Kia very soon.

This troublesome Mk4 Jazz is my 5th Honda. I've had 2 motorbikes in my younger days, an early Civic and now my 2nd Jazz. I've just about had it with Honda because the quality has dropped. The passenger side mirror needed replacing, the "brake simulator" failed, and now it looks like the driver's seat side bolster is cracking and about to split. Fingers crossed that the other 3 known common faults won't happen to my Jazz to complete the set. No prizes for a full house! After-sales customer support is proving to be woeful and instransigent. No refund of car hire charges, so far. I am still livid and increasingly disappointed as well.

I had less go wrong with a V6 CDX Auto Vectra B that I bought used and enjoyed for more than 10 years for personal and business use. Such an unexpectedly reliable, fast, economical and comfy car to own and drive even on long journeys with 4 passengers and a boot full of luggage. I know Jeremy Clarkson hated them but he isn't always right.

I don't know much about Kias and have never owned one (yet). Toyota still seems another good alternative to Honda and has a strong reputation for its hybrids. Food for thought.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
« Reply #319 on: May 10, 2024, 05:37:46 PM »
Well the replacement wiring loom has arrived at long last … yipee… ! Meanwhile the replacement suspension drop links are on order as well as a replacement air conditioning condenser which has a leak …warrantry dept keeping busy …. Luckily im enjoying the kia hybrid driving provide by thrifty renta car from honda …🤨😆

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2024, 05:28:04 PM »
After reading this thread I started a desperate search for the documentation I received when I bought the car on a 5 year package back in October 2021. Got that sinking feeling when I couldn't find it but I had misfiled in my somewhat disorganised filing system. I have the full 5 year warranty - it's in black and white.

My mind now made up - I'm keeping the car. I am learning to stop worrying thanks to Jazzik's wise words ;)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2024, 10:46:41 AM »

coravel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Hybrid EX
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2024, 11:11:42 AM »
...you have that nagging doubt when you go out to the car that it might happen.

Wasn't it Seneca who said: "We suffer more in imagination than in reality.”?

Meaning, we spend so much time worried about how bad things are going to be, that we actually torture ourselves more than the thing we’re worried about ever could (that is, if it happens at all).

I just enjoy driving the Jazz. If something goes wrong, it's early enough to worry, right?

Thanks for the quote Jazznik.  Very wise words for certain.   :)

Tinny

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 202
« Reply #323 on: May 14, 2024, 06:03:52 PM »
At long last I have an update.  Honda has repaid me all the money I spent at both dealerships for the brake simulator repair.  Money back and a car that works! 

My grateful thanks to all the posters on this forum.  Your comments were a great support and encouraged me to keep going when it seemed like the odds were well and truly stacked against me. 

My first decision now is deciding whether or not to pursue a compensation claim from the first dealership for the poor and incomplete job they did  with the repair and, of course, for the ban for being an unhappy customer.

The second decision is whether or not I sell the Honda and buy a Toyota.

Thanks again for all the helpful information on this forum.

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #324 on: May 14, 2024, 06:08:02 PM »
Great news! Well done!

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
« Reply #325 on: May 14, 2024, 06:19:28 PM »
Good news ! My jazz was finished today with new wiring loom and air con condenser . All seems good so far ! Speaking with the service dept it seems honda UK HO re warrantry depends on whom you deal with as to the outcome ! Not consistent !

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2020 CRV e-HEV EX
« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2024, 08:43:15 PM »
There is an interesting video on this scenario on YouTube……

Search using “ Honda Hybrid Brake Problem/Recall - Expensive Brake Servo / Feel Simulator Fault. Are you Affected?”

As UK owners we need to keep pushing to get this covered as a no cost repair/ extended warranty claim FOC
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2024, 08:25:00 AM »
On the Facebook Jazz eHEV Owners UK page, this has been discussed many times. There is a person who was in the process of buying a low mileage 23 Crosstar, but was concerned after reading about the brake failure. So much so, she asked the dealer. I quote from her post:

I did actually ask them about the brake sensor problem. It WILL be covered by Honda AND there WILL eventually be a recall issued but the retailer assured me that I would not be paying a fortune for a known problem. That said, I did take out the extended warranty and a service plan.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 08:27:32 AM by Nicksey »

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2024, 09:18:06 AM »
On the Facebook Jazz eHEV Owners UK page, this has been discussed many times. There is a person who was in the process of buying a low mileage 23 Crosstar, but was concerned after reading about the brake failure. So much so, she asked the dealer. I quote from her post:

I did actually ask them about the brake sensor problem. It WILL be covered by Honda AND there WILL eventually be a recall issued but the retailer assured me that I would not be paying a fortune for a known problem. That said, I did take out the extended warranty and a service plan.

Was this in writing?  It was probably a salesman who she was speaking to. Would you really take that as Honda's position?

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2024, 09:56:00 AM »

Was this in writing?  It was probably a salesman who she was speaking to. Would you really take that as Honda's position?

I can only quote her words as she wrote them. She has been asked by another member who the dealer was, but as yet she hasn't replied.

Tags: