Author Topic: 2015 Orchid Pearl White Honda Jazz Si  (Read 50720 times)

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
2015 Orchid Pearl White Honda Jazz Si
« on: December 27, 2018, 08:33:45 AM »
Hey Guys

I thought I would start a build thread for my latest Jazz.

A 2015 Honda Jazz Si in Orchid Pearl White

I took a HUGE gamble and bought the Jazz at a Salvage Car Auction, and let's just say there have been a lot more problems with it than I was hoping for! ::)

Here's the car in it's current state. And before anyone points it out, yes the rear bumper is the wrong bumper!
The previous owner who "attempted" to repair it, put on the wrong rear bumper (and tailgate for that matter) ::). I'm waiting for the correct bumper to arrive in the post.
Next to it is my current 2006 Jazz Sport, which I will be selling over the next few months.

I spent the best part of Christmas Eve detailing the car with Meguiars Clay Bar Kit, and it came out pretty nice  ;D

Current Mods are:
Integra DC2 gearknob (from my old Jazz)
Mugen Pedals (from my old Jazz)
Aftermarket Arm Rest
Si Badge for front Grill (it really should have come with one of these standard!)

I've not got any huge plans, as I like the way it looks stock, but
Current plans are:
Si Rear Bumper
Mugen Style Wind Deflectors
Paint the Callipers White with Black Honda decals.
Sound deadening on the inside for a quieter ride.
Try and get hold of a USDM/JDM Sport boot spoiler.
Possibly carbon wrap the chrome boot surround.
Might lower it on Eibach springs, but we shall see about that.

Updates to follow  :D

Chris
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:36:56 AM by Chris_Music »

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: 2015 Orchid Pearl White Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 09:39:24 AM »
I agree the rear bumper in the wrong one but the wrong tailgate, I would be very surprised the Jazz Si would have a different tailgate to the other models of the same shape.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 09:46:55 AM »
I agree the rear bumper in the wrong one but the wrong tailgate, I would be very surprised the Jazz Si would have a different tailgate to the other models of the same shape.

Sorry, I should have elaborated!

The tailgate that the previous owner used to "fix" the Jazz is from a JDM import Fit Hybrid. It had the wrong wiring loom and locking mechanism, which meant the boot didn't work. So I had to buy the correct wiring loom and locking mechanism.
Also the colour is not the same. They resprayed the outer boot lid the correct colour (even though it's still slightly off colour), but inside it's a cream white, as well as the spoiler is the wrong white. Plus the Si didn't have the chrome boot surround.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:19:33 AM »
Hi

I thought you could buy the chrome for the tailgate. Are you sure it is not just stuck on. It is also expensive to buy

The wiper park is wrong but does not matter as long as it works

Many thanks

John

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 12:42:38 PM »
Hi

I thought you could buy the chrome for the tailgate. Are you sure it is not just stuck on. It is also expensive to buy

The wiper park is wrong but does not matter as long as it works

Many thanks

John

The chrome version comes with the Hybrid. I could remove it and purchase a black one if I wanted to.
I'm in two minds about the chrome, it looks alright.

The wiper I did, its the JDM wiper mod :)

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 08:55:51 AM »
Small Update

Arm rest arrived from China, took less than two weeks, which is pretty good.
Quality is alright, but for £35, I can't really complain.
The Fitting is really easy, and I like the fact that you don't have to screw into the centre console to fit it, leaving the plastic undamaged if you wanted to remove it at a later date.
It's a bit snug between the two seats. I would've preferred it slightly slimmer.
Here's the link if anyone's interested: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162722856720

And the Si Bumper also arrived, It feels like Christmas :D

Some marks and scuffs on it, which will either buff out, or I can touch up with touch up paint, so I'm not too bothered.

Test fitted the bumper, and it's perfect :D!

More updates to follow soon :)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »
Thanks for link to armrest, it looks very smart - just ordered one for my wifes Si

The thing I really notice between the Jazz and our Civic is the armrest and the extra storage it gives,  the middle of the Jazz looks a bit bare compared to much better centre console on Civic,  hopefully her indoors will be happy with it - thanks again  :)

Wish Honda had thought more about the front door pockets,  they are not bad for storing taller things and books but due to lack of console storage ( at the moment anyway ) I keep my sunglasses in the door pocket,  always curse when I am trying to retrieve the case from the bottom of door pocket,  my fingers get tweaked whether it try to get it out from the top or out through the gap in the side of pocket - ouch...

There again the Civic ones are much better designed.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:21:00 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:50:07 PM »
The rear bumper looks spot on, you were fortunate in finding another one in correct white & in good nick.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 01:40:33 PM »
Thanks for link to armrest, it looks very smart - just ordered one for my wifes Si

The thing I really notice between the Jazz and our Civic is the armrest and the extra storage it gives,  the middle of the Jazz looks a bit bare compared to much better centre console on Civic,  hopefully her indoors will be happy with it - thanks again  :)

Wish Honda had thought more about the front door pockets,  they are not bad for storing taller things and books but due to lack of console storage ( at the moment anyway ) I keep my sunglasses in the door pocket,  always curse when I am trying to retrieve the case from the bottom of door pocket,  my fingers get tweaked whether it try to get it out from the top or out through the gap in the side of pocket - ouch...

There again the Civic ones are much better designed.

Great, I'm glad to hear it! One piece of advice, don't over tighten the screws into the plastic, I did and it split the plastic slightly, so I made sure the other 3 were just comfortably tight.

Yes, Honda really do need to include an arm rest with storage from the factory! B

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
The rear bumper looks spot on, you were fortunate in finding another one in correct white & in good nick.

Thanks, yes I was really fortunate! It came all the way from Scotland!
I've finished using the touch up paint on it, I'm just waiting the 48 hours for the clear coat to cure before I can polish it and then get it fitted to the car! :D

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
I love those front seats on the Si. Been trying to get some from breakers and eBay. But £200 each is a lot of money. Good luck with the car, it looks really nice in White!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »
Think I may have said this before on another thread but the SI looks a lot prettier (in a good way!) than the other Mk2 models. The styling touches make it look a different car somehow.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »
Think I may have said this before on another thread but the SI looks a lot prettier (in a good way!) than the other Mk2 models. The styling touches make it look a different car somehow.

+1

Took off the standard 16"  185/55 wheels of her indoors Jazz Si and fitted some 15" with 175/65 Avons - the ride is definitely better, and handling not noticeably any worse ( especially the speeds she drives at, I drive it a bit faster).    Mytyres website has a neat function where you can show the different wheels on the car and spin it 360 degrees,  also change the colour of the car, I showed her indoors what her car would look like  with different wheels ( she wanted the higher profile summer tyres after finding the ride on her 175/65R15 Nokians more to her liking than the harsh 185/55R16 tyres she had).

Attached  a PDF with a couple of photos...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:16:05 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 09:06:02 AM »
I love those front seats on the Si. Been trying to get some from breakers and eBay. But £200 each is a lot of money. Good luck with the car, it looks really nice in White!

Yeah they are really nice for Jazz seats. They're probably £200 each because of the Airbag.
Thanks! I've always wanted to own a white car since I was a late teen and being involved in the car scene and seeing white EK9's and DC2s at car meets :D!

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 09:08:13 AM »

I think for once, the UK has got the better looking Jazz than the US. The Si is basically the Asian RS model, so it's nice to see Honda releasing a sportier Jazz in the UK. Though they really should've included the RS spoiler as well, but I'm just grateful that we got the Si in the first place!

Tags: