Author Topic: Tyres and insurance  (Read 15110 times)

bobby boy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
Tyres and insurance
« on: March 12, 2024, 02:03:39 PM »
Ready for a full set of new tyres,and thinking all weather the way to go. Should this be notified as a modification to my insurance company? I'm with LV.

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: Tyres and insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 02:06:46 PM »
As long as they are road legal,

I would not

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 02:45:00 PM »
Providing the new tyre sizes are listed on the vehicle b pillar with tyre pressures etc you should be fine. As regards LV never sign up to auto renew the insurance, hunt around 21 days before renewal date & use another email address to get a better deal. I always go for recognised companies with cashback via Quidco.

Henryge

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 43.3
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 litre 2014 ivtec
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 11:54:27 AM »
Hi There, So long as the tyre sizes match what is on the pilliar door that is fine.
               you can get the cheapest or dearest tyres to put on your car or all season 
             tyres so long as they match the sizes. On mine shows 2 sizes but you have to
           have correct rims to suit tyres (15" 16" rims on mine).
                               Hope that helps Henry

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 02:31:49 PM »
Most Uk insurers do not need to be informed if you fit winter tyres   (which would include winter  rated all seasons)

Here is a list from the ABI   of those who do not need to be informed  (which includes LV  )  . A small  number have included some slight  restrictions or   conditions.    And its probably advisable to stick to the manufacturers approved tyre sizes for the car  - not use it as an opportunity to fit wide wheels  ;D

If your company is not on the list its best to inform them.  Beware that  some brokers and price comparison sites  who quote and issue paperwork under their own name  actually  use  a variety of independent Insurance underwriting syndicates to provide the actual cover.  So its advisable to check the actual underwriter is on the list.   If in doubt , contact them.

https://www.abi.org.uk/globalassets/files/publications/public/motor/2019/abi-guide-to-winter-driving---the-motor-insurance-commitment.pdf
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 03:11:31 AM »
All weathers is mediocre summer tyres and useless winter tyres. Go all monty for summer tyres and take it darn easy in the winter or go pro have a second set real winter tyres. And for heavens stay away from cheap DingDong brands.. during the lifespan and years a set of premiums is darn more cheap, light years of more predictable grip and cost less than (a pint a week) or a "mishap".

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 07:54:41 AM »
Having run Michelin Cross Climates for 6 years, they are far from "mediocre".
And changing wheels for winter in the UK (Unless Northern Scotland) is not needed. Snow is minimal.

bobby boy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 10:41:28 AM »
Went for Vredestein Quatrac, the original Michelin were very good for low wear and fuel economy but sadly lacking in grip. Hope the Vredestein will cope better with the west Yorkshire weather and roads.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 11:28:22 AM »
Let the forum know how you get on with that set.

Tags:

anything