Author Topic: MK2 recommendations  (Read 2851 times)

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
MK2 recommendations
« on: February 06, 2024, 05:12:07 PM »
Hi yaa,
Im thinking of getting an auto Jazz 2011-2013 for something around £6k.
I did had a mk1 2006 cvt and sold it later on after a 2.5yr usage to get a Toyota Verso-S cvt which im not too happy about with its horsepower...
So, im thinking of going back to Jazz again but a newer version. Could you please kindly advise me on below concerns-
1- is the Catalyst converter theft still possible with the models after 2009?

2- if it's year 2011-2013 cvt, is the cvt engine the same on all these three years or are there any differences?

3- which CVT models do you recommend the most when it comes to reliability between  year 2011-2013 please?

4- does year 2011-2013 year cvt models too need two times flush every two years need changing its cvt oil?

5- when buying a second hand mk2 automatic car, what things i should lookout for possible major issues?

TIA

TIA
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 05:14:13 PM by mj1sjc »

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: MK2 recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 12:38:51 PM »
The Jazz is a sound choice, so go for it it.  :D

1: The cat is up in the engine bay, and so far I've not heard of any thefts
5: I would imagine check the box operates correctly. Changes smoothly and selects gears easily. Usual tests one would do with any used car.

2-4: I've read on here that the CVT needs a regular (2yrs) oil change with correct fluid. Others may have more detailed info they can reply, or have a search of the forum using the search facility. Lots of threads on the CVT box. Overall, if looked after, I understand it to be reliable. On that basis, I would look for evidence of gearbox servicing in the history of any potential purchase.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 01:58:28 PM »
The Jazz your looking for us 10+years so it's all about condition.
Don't part with any £ untill you've taken time to verify the car using vehicle source check or similar. 7 out 10 cars have a history on most online sites.
Once found use OE parts change oils & fluids to spec. Replace cr+p tyres with the best you can afford and enjoy a great Honda.

josall

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 08:45:10 PM »
Check front pillars next to wind screen, paint can flake.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 12:53:25 PM »
Rust around petrol filler cap: check on top, open flap and check around pipe and underneath.
Rear brakes can be poor due to poor maintenance. Check rusty disks and poor handbrake.  (Easy to do but could be new calipers. Genuine Honda are £££££s#!!!!)

I have 2012 CVT/ Owned 11 years. No CVT issues: oil changes every 3 years or 20k miles..(Honda say 2 years 25k miles. Needs a specified oil!!). Changes should be smooth and not noticeable. ANY clonks, rattles, vibration? Ruanaway.

Check rattles when driving, reversing, cornering. Often Magic Seats anchorage points - gaffer tape job.
Check coolant changed at 10 years. All aluminium engine so misuse could be costly.

Very reliable if looked after.

Tags:

anything