Author Topic: Playing MP3s from a USB Stick  (Read 1205 times)

JohnB47

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX March 2014
Playing MP3s from a USB Stick
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:21:11 PM »
Hey folks, do any of you play MP3s stored on a USB stick in the form of albums (each album in a folder)? If so, I have some helpful advice if you want to make sure that the various folders/albums are listed alphabetically on the display of your playing device (car or in-house audio). It is wrong to assume that if the folders/albums are sorted alphabetically on your PC, then they will remain sorted that way when you transfer them to the USB - they won't be! Let me know if this is interesting to any of you.

My main question now is, on the Honda Jazz if you have, say, 20 albums of mp3s and you've navigated to the last one, is there an easy way to go straight back to the first one? All I seem to be able to do, by pressing the centre of the volume dial and turning it, is to sequentially move forward or back one album at a time.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:27:43 PM by JohnB47 »

guest7281

Re: Playing MP3s from a USB Stick
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 07:07:33 PM »
I've just picked up my Jazz today and in the manual it says mp3 folders are played in the order they were recorded, and it's only possible to select them sequentially. There is apparently a 'random' feature too.

I guess this applies equally to cds....

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX March 2014
Re: Playing MP3s from a USB Stick
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »
Yes, I read that too.

It's not true that they are played in the order recorded. I've converted many CDs to mp3 in the form of folders for each album and I've found that they are definitely not listed in alphabetic folder order on the Jazz audio display.

I've played around with little programs that allowed me to make sure all albums have the same created date, modified date etc. but they are still messed up on the Jazz list.

The only solution I found is that little program I mentioned.

As for being able to jump to the beginning of the list, still not answered.

Thanks for the post. I hope you enjoy your Jazz. First time for me and I'm enjoying mine.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:25:14 AM by JohnB47 »

Tags:

anything