Author Topic: Jazz 1,2 GG2 cruise control  (Read 3080 times)

guest5338

Jazz 1,2 GG2 cruise control
« on: October 13, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »
Hi,

I want to make my Jazz 1.2 GG2 cruise control.

Is the engine control ECU 37820-RB2-G16 KEIHIN supports cruise control?

I can not find information about it.

Thx

guest4078

• Topic Starter
Re: Jazz 1,2 GG2 cruise control
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 11:38:39 PM »
I don't think Honda fit cruise control to the 1.2 in Europe. Possibly in other markets?

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »
Not trying to rain on Wacko's idea but I think that it is a highly improbable modification. I looked at Lings and the ECU for the 1.4 EX ( which is fitted with cruise control) is a different part number to the 1.2 ECU. The throttle body is the same but then it would need a steering wheel from an EX, not to mention all the wiring mods and no doubt some interface computer. If you can find an EX wreck and the parts are cheap, Maybe. But unless you understand the electrics and the mechanics of the system, I should steer well clear.
Having done a few mods over the years to various cars, I can speak from experience it never ends up as planned. More often than not a pain when it should be a pleasurable  achievement.
Good luck!

guest5338

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Thank you for the information.

I have a schema to cruise and in accordance with it to version 1.2 and 1.4 is the same.
The same sensors on the pedals and wiring.
The difference is only in the engine control unit
All ECU 1.4 supports cruise control
On the other hand I can not find information for ECU 1.2
With installation it is very easy to do.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 03:45:11 PM »
Good luck to you, if you can then do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One can only surmise that as the 1.2 doesn't support cruise control then it is an ECU change.
Looking at Lings parts the ECU's differ in part no's so the odds are they are different.
Write to Honda, in days of yor, often a letter (or Email now) does bring results BUT with Insurance companies being the way they are then probably that will be a problem as Honda won't ally themselves to anything that is controversial. What about the Honda Fit chaps, they seem to do an awful lot of tweaking. Someone in Aus or Far East will have done something like this if anyone has.

Tags: