Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 1819 times)

patch

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4ES plus
Brakes
« on: September 23, 2015, 06:15:24 PM »
Hi folks,

Replaced the front brake pads earlier this year. The grotty looking rear discs just bugged me, so I decided to follow on with this job.

Thought I would post a few pictures in case anyone else was wondering what the bits and pieces looked like.

Passenger rear side was reasonable, however the rear driver side was a nightmare. Bolts seized, resulting in the old blowlamp having to be used.

(Maximum of five photos per post. Another two included in next post

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:51:20 PM by patch »

patch

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Brakes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 06:16:41 PM »
Next two photos.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 08:27:11 PM »
so its the inner pads that have the wear indicator

my rear discs are worse than those. i got about half an inch of rust on both outer discs but the pads have 50% left so i will just run them down and replace them all together, they get through the MOT so i am not too bothered

i just got the front pads replaced with honda pads at 36,000 and the front discs are still good and shiny
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 08:46:09 PM by monkeydave »

patch

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 09:16:19 PM »
Hi monkeydave,

Yes, the inner pads have the wear indicator. Another photo attached also illustrates this.
(I took some sad photos when first doing the rear passenger's side, just in case the weather stopped play and I had to stop work.)

The rear discs and pads do get in a mess.  My car has passed a few mot test with rear discs looking grotty.

There is far less pad thickness on the rear pads than the front ones. Mine were at about 50% which was 4.5-5mm.

All the best.

Tags: