Author Topic: Panoramic roof EX Jazz - Can you fit roof bars to the model  (Read 18186 times)

HONJAZ1.4

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda JAZZ 1.4 mk2 CVT
Panoramic roof EX Jazz - Can you fit roof bars to the model
« on: January 07, 2024, 03:23:49 PM »
Hello fellow Jazz owners and happy new year,
New to the forum so apologies if this has been asked countless times before, but I could not find any answers on google...

I have just purchased a Honda Jazz EX 2011 year- with a lovely panoramic roof. First car I have owned with this kind of glass roof and was wondering if its possible / safe to install roof bars??
I was hoping to fit a small roof box for summer trips away when camping with the family and dog.

If anyone has done this and got good recommendations for roof bars - please do tell and include any photos if you have them...

Look forward to replies..

HJ

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Panoramic roof EX Jazz - Can you fit roof bars to the model
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 07:07:24 PM »
Avoid, from memory when we last bought a new Jazz ex the sales bloke mentioned don't carry anything in the roof.
Aside from that your have a great spec Jazz enjoy.

MGM

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2 EX Auto
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 11:16:28 PM »
Roof bars can be fitted with a panoramic roof, yes. The Jazz doesn't have a specific mounting system, so the feet fit on to the body above the doors and don't interfere with the glass panel.

From memory, the weight limit for the roof is 50kg, but that can be lower depending upon your roof bar specs. There's info in the manual - I can get a pic if you need.

See also:

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7605.0

HONJAZ1.4

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 05:03:13 PM »
Avoid, from memory when we last bought a new Jazz ex the sales bloke mentioned don't carry anything in the roof.
Aside from that your have a great spec Jazz enjoy.

Hi thanks for that - having done further reading - it seems there is different opinions on the matter with the glass roof as to fitting bars or not...

Regarding weight I don't think it will be over 50kg as mainly just wanted to take inflatable kayaks / sleeping bags and camping table/ chairs mainly to throw in the roof box on the odd occasion during the summer months. 

I was looking at Thule KIT 5126 and the 750 foot pack? Would that be a good foundation???

Many thanks chaps for the input.

HONJAZ1.4

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 05:07:01 PM »
Roof bars can be fitted with a panoramic roof, yes. The Jazz doesn't have a specific mounting system, so the feet fit on to the body above the doors and don't interfere with the glass panel.

From memory, the weight limit for the roof is 50kg, but that can be lower depending upon your roof bar specs. There's info in the manual - I can get a pic if you need.

See also:

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7605.0
Yes please if you do have a photo of EX model with roof bars fitted that would be a great insight as a search on google images throws nothing up that I can see.

Having skimmed over the other threads I have tried to piece together a basic kits using;
Thule KIT 5126 and the 750 foot pack.. Have not quite decided on the bars as most likely go for areo / flat version over the square bars for better aerodynamics when no box is on the roof.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 05:11:08 PM by HONJAZ1.4 »

Tags: