Author Topic: Jazz Sport - no climate control  (Read 1434 times)

Peter5145

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk 3 Jazz 1.5 Sport
Jazz Sport - no climate control
« on: November 24, 2018, 10:52:01 AM »
People have often commented on the lack of a higher-powered version of the Jazz, so I was interested to see Honda introduce the 130 PS Sport version earlier this year.

However, it strikes me as odd that climate control isn't available, even as an option, on what many will see as a top-spec model.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Jazz Sport - no climate control
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
It surprised me too that they failed to offer the EX with a 1.5 engine.  I would have ordered one. Instead I have an HR-V EX CVT on order.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »
People have often commented on the lack of a higher-powered version of the Jazz, so I was interested to see Honda introduce the 130 PS Sport version earlier this year.

However, it strikes me as odd that climate control isn't available, even as an option, on what many will see as a top-spec model.

My thoughts exactly....tell Honda and its like speaking to a brick wall........

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
I struggle to follow Honda's marketing logic in many cases. Having a hybrid then binning it, way behind in the EV stakes and this latest thing pertaining to the 1.5 Sport seems incomprehensible.

The only thing I would say, having had Climate Control on my previous 3 cars, I haven't found it as much of a nuisance as I thought to go back to manual air con.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 01:55:47 PM »
The only thing I would say, having had Climate Control on my previous 3 cars, I haven't found it as much of a nuisance as I thought to go back to manual air con.

Got climate control on our Jazz and Civic and never use it. The aircon gets used but I prefer to set direction of air and fan speed myself.  I did try climate control but found that using it on auto makes the air in the car too dry for my sinuses.  Even the temperature control bit of climate control does not work very well as the air from vents varies in temperature too much and after a short while the incoming air goes below set temp, my wife complained about drafts in the car and after doing a test with a temperature probe in a vent I realised why, with temp set at 20 the incoming air can go below 15.

I do think Honda are losing the plot a bit though, I have seen a few new Jazz by us but I have seen hordes of Suzuki Swift with16, 17 and 18 plates. I after driving brothers Vitara I think I know what my next car will be, don't need AWD version but that engine was a revelation with a big dollop of low and midrange torque and 140 ponies, with good fuel consumption.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: