Author Topic: Interior lights 2018 SE Navi CVT  (Read 4237 times)

KADUNA66

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SE Navi Auto 2018
Interior lights 2018 SE Navi CVT
« on: November 22, 2018, 07:49:17 PM »
Is there an auto mode for the interior lights for this model. The interior lights operate manually when switched on internally, but do not come on when the doors are unlocked or opened. There may be an auto setting controlled by the door lock but I have discovered no evidence of this. Considering all the other features on this car I cannot imagine that this rather basic feature is not provided. Any comments would be very much appreciated.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Interior lights 2018 SE Navi CVT
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 08:04:39 PM »
There is a switch on the light unit:

In the door activated position, the interior lights fade out and go off about 30 seconds after the doors are closed.

The lights go off after 30 seconds in the following situations:
• When you unlock the driver’s door but do not open it.
• When you remove the key from the ignition switch but do not open a door.
• When you set the power mode to VEHICLE OFF (LOCK), but do not open a door.

The interior lights go off immediately in the following situations:
• When you lock the driver’s door.
• When you turn the ignition switch to ON
• When you close the driver’s door with the key in the ignition switch.
• When you close the driver’s door in ACCESSORY mode.

If you leave any of the doors open in VEHICLE OFF (LOCK) mode, or without the key in the ignition switch, the interior lights go off after about 15 minutes.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 08:30:48 PM »
If you are talking about the front lights they are 'map lights' and don't work from opening the doors. Only the centre light work from the doors.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

KADUNA66

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:10:26 AM »
Thanks for replies, particularly to ColinS for such a detailed and helpful reply. On the interior lights, there are just the two push panels to switch the left or right lights on or off. Where I would expect to see a sliding switch to switch the lights to auto mode as on previous Accords that I have owned. the opening is filled by a small perforated panel only.

I will attempt to remove this to see what is behind. From observation, it would look as if a sliding switch has been removed and replaced by a cosmetic panel of similar size.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 09:00:29 AM »
Thanks for replies, particularly to ColinS for such a detailed and helpful reply. On the interior lights, there are just the two push panels to switch the left or right lights on or off. Where I would expect to see a sliding switch to switch the lights to auto mode as on previous Accords that I have owned. the opening is filled by a small perforated panel only.

I will attempt to remove this to see what is behind. From observation, it would look as if a sliding switch has been removed and replaced by a cosmetic panel of similar size.

This reads as if you are not aware that there are two interior light fittings. You seem to be referring to the unit above the windscreen, which contains the "Map Lights" mentioned by Trebor1652. I think the perforated panel conceals the bluetooth microphone. I wouldn't recommend digging that out to look for a switch that isn't there.

ColinS is referring to the other light unit in the ceiling panel. This is the one that has the sliding switch.

If still puzzled, you might find pages 194-195 of the handbook illuminating (sorry, couldn't resist that !)
Edit: just realised you have a 2018 model, so the page numbers in the manual might be different.

KADUNA66

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
Oh dear, I am really embarrassed, This is really my wife's car and yes I have now found the ceiling light and everything is working. Thanks for the advice, how I could ever have overlooked this I do not know, its because I think that I had been indoctrinated by the excellent Accords that I have owned. Thanks to everyone.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
You can find information about the interior light on page 194 of the Owners Manual

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/cars/owners/manuals/JAZZ/2016%20Jazz%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

As mentioned above the front lights are just Map lights, the interior light that comes on when the doors are opened is the one in the middle of the roof.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 04:14:42 PM »
It's important to remember to turn the map lights off, as I don't think they go off automatically.  I managed to flatten an aging battery in my Mk 2 by leaving one on in error.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 07:48:09 PM »
You're not alone.....

I bought my previous Jazz, in the springtime. Explored all switches etc. Happy!

Come autumn, it took me a couple of days to re-aquaint myself with the rearward mounted, interior light.....  ::)

I have also flattened the battery, (twice!). Leaving the map light on, overnight.  :-[
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 08:10:55 PM »
It's important to remember to turn the map lights off, as I don't think they go off automatically.  I managed to flatten an aging battery in my Mk 2 by leaving one on in error.
Me too. Left them on for over 24 hours in my case though so no car battery is going to keep it's charge if you do that :(

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 07:56:50 AM »
Me too. Left them on for over 24 hours in my case though so no car battery is going to keep it's charge if you do that :(

Mine are LEDs, I might get away with it. Not going to try it though.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 11:38:09 AM »

Was that an aftermarket bulb? I tried to find LED interior lights and failed.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 01:57:31 PM »

Was that an aftermarket bulb? I tried to find LED interior lights and failed.

I used Osram LEDs, they make a huge difference. They are polarity sensitive and only work one way round. I have them in my map and centre lights.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:09:30 PM by Skyrider »

Tags: